Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've got a 2007 2.5 4AET Outback with the classic airbag light on. I've re-soldered the small board in the overhead light assembly as described in the pinned post (2006 OBW - Airbag Light On - My fix) but that hasn't fixed the problem. From what I can tell the status lights for the passenger airbag work as laid out in the owners manual - correct combination of flashed when starting the car, seatbelt sensor for the passenger works and chimes appropriately, airbag status goes from "ON" to "OFF" appropriately depending on whether the seat is occupied. Given this is the case, it is safe to assume the airbag light is not related to anything going on with the passenger seat and start looking elsewhere? Sorry if this has been covered - I didn't find a direct answer to this question in previous posts.

Cheers,
James

·
Registered
2008 EJ253 E-4AT VDC
23 Posts
It sounds like you’ve done a good job of isolating the problem not_a_fish. It does sound like the passenger side of the system is working properly.

I have an intermittent airbag warning light on the dash in my car that seems to be related to the passenger side, but it is still too early for me to tell for sure.

Is your airbag warning light on all the time? Or is it an intermittent issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. I should have been more precise. Its always on - has been since I purchased the car 30k km ago (270k total). It is immediately on after the battery has been disconnected for maintenance/clearing the CEL.

·
Registered
2008 EJ253 E-4AT VDC
23 Posts
From what I've read online, passenger side problems often seem to go hand in hand with intermittent airbag warning lights. Unfortunately I have not seen any info about debugging the driver's side.

Has your car been serviced for the TKA-20 airbag recall? You can check your VIN with Subaru's online lookup page.

If it hasn't had the recall completed you might be able to take it to the dealer for the free recall service, and while they are in there they might be able to dig around a bit to see what's up with your warning light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read online, passenger side problems often seem to go hand in hand with intermittent airbag warning lights. Unfortunately I have not seen any info about debugging the driver's side.

Has your car been serviced for the TKA-20 airbag recall? You can check your VIN with Subaru's online lookup page.

If it hasn't had the recall completed you might be able to take it to the dealer for the free recall service, and while they are in there they might be able to dig around a bit to see what's up with your warning light.
Thanks! That recall hasn't been done yet, sounds like a good way forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts