Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2015
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Subaru outback has had the passenger airbag light go on intermittently.
The module had been replaced by dealer for this,and all looked well for a few weeks, however the light is intermittently going off again.

I will be taking back to the dealer shortly, but have a question or two about this.

1. I had the seats and floor vacuumed prior to the light coming back on/off again. Is there a possible relation between the cleaning/vacuuming of the car and the airbag light, or is this just a coincidence? (I can't imagine why this would be a cause but hey, who knows )

2. Does anyone know if the light goes on intermittently because the system is failing sometimes or because it failed once, and the system reminds you every now and then by posting the error message again until it gets cleared from the system? Could this happen at certain mileage intervals?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,248 Posts
Just make sure you not storing anything on the passenger seat.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2015
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I am going to say that I strongly believe that one reason the airbag light keeps coming on, is that there is an intermittent warning every 100km until the error is looked into, and cleared from the computer.
It's just a hunch, but so far it looks like this is what might be happening.
No reason for the original fault mind you, but the fact that it keeps going on is ALSO due to the system reminding you that something went wrong and needs to be checked.

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2015
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So scratch that, the light goes in when driving , when starting up the car, all at different times.
Nice theory but didn't hold up.
I see there is another post in the impreza forum with the same issue....could be on the leading of edge of some sort of recall...who knows
I just want this fixed, as it is not safe to drive if the airbag light can go off at any second.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts