Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Subaru Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean Edition
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, was driving my 07 Outback home last night and when I got home I noticed that the airbag light was on, this morning it stayed on. This light had previously come on once in awhile for a few minutes but would always turn off. Now it is staying on. I have heard some people say it is something to do with the map light assembly, apparently there are some solder joints that go bad in there. I was wondering if it could possibly be the connections under my seats? I did move my passenger seat a couple days ago to put some stuff in the back, but the airbag light didn't come on for a couple days after I did that. Just hoping it isn't a super expensive fix.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
I have heard some people say it is something to do with the map light assembly, apparently there are some solder joints that go bad in there.
Have a look at this thread ( 2006 OBW - Airbag Light On - My fix ) to see if the symptoms are the same, and, if they are, what needs to be done. (When the solder joint problem arises, the light(s) up at the map light assembly will not be working properly, as well as the warning light in the instrument panel being on.)

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
16,253 Posts
Actually, the lights in the overhead can work normally and the Air Bag Indicator resistor can have a bad solder causing intermittent feedback to the air bag module. It depends on the code set as to where you need to go for diagnosis. If it's an indicator code, pop the overhead down and take the LED assembly out and look for the cracked solder; resolder as needed. This happens to 2005-2009 models frequently.

If it's not an indicator code, then post up what you get and we'll move forward. You'll have to have a scan tool that can communicate with the Air Bag Module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts