Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback - 2005 Outback XT
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may have figured what justified the flood damaged insurance claim on my newly acquired salvage title Outback.

The security system will spontaneously sound off. Possibly triggered by something getting wet. It went off a couple times yesterday while washing it. And this morning, I drove it to church in the rain. As I was walking away from it, the alarm went off again.

So, is there an external sensor or some connections that I should be checking.

There is no sign of water ingress anywhere on the car. The water line looks like it only reached the rockers. So I'm expecting to discover a water logged connection somewhere.

Any suggestion of where I should start looking?

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
It's a perimeter alarm, check the door switches first.

Look under the passenger's seat to see if it had the optional shock sensor added in- and if so, disconnect it until you are sure it isn't causing the problem. Almost nobody bothered with that option but every now and then one turns up.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
Always check the tailgate hatch wire boot. It's bound to have some broken wires as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip. Boots look fine, but who knows what might be happening inside. I'll give it a closer look.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... I definitely need to get a handle on this issue. Alarm goes off about 60 seconds after locking the car. Almost every time. Presumably there is a delay in the system arming.
Is there a way to disable the system?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts