Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen others combine the pdfs for specific model years in other threads and have decided to go a few steps further and do it for every year.

These files contain all the .pdf files available at: http://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-resources.html

Even though Subaru provides manuals for each model (wagon, limited, premium, L.L. Bean etc.) they are all the same. They created one manual which encompasses the entire line.

Link directly to manual pages:
I'm excited to provide a method of linking directly to a page in a manual using Scribd.com.

The url is structured like this:
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/331452091/content?secret_password=YWGEYbx0BrLrSrLuysKw&title=Outback-2014-Manual-Single&start_page=1

Simply change the number of the start_page parameter to the page you want to link to.

Find the specific manual page:
To locate the page you'd like to link to, download the single pdf, open it and search using the keyboard shortcuts: CTRL + F on Windows or COMMAND + F on Macs.

Example link to page 177 "Headlights":
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/331452091/content?secret_password=YWGEYbx0BrLrSrLuysKw&title=Outback-2014-Manual-Single&start_page=177

I hope this will encourage our members to refer to the manual more often and link to pages instead of replying "RTFM".

Now that all the hard work has been done, there's no excuse right? ;D

This project was a lot more work than I anticipated. It's very likely I've made a mistake and link is broken or pointing to the wrong file etc. Please let me know and I'll fix it.

Downloads:
Outback_2010_manual_grouped_pdfs.zip--- Alt. Download - 104MB

Outback_2010_manual_orignal_pdfs.zip ---- Alt. Download - 84MB

Outback_2010_manual_single.pdf ------------ Scribd -  Alt. Download - 182MB

Outback_2011_manual_grouped_pdfs.zip--- Alt. Download - 122MB

Outback_2011_manual_orignal_pdfs.zip ---- Alt. Download - 99MB

Outback_2011_manual_single.pdf ------------ Scribd -  Alt. Download - 194MB

Outback_2012_manual_grouped_pdfs.zip--- Alt. Download - 50MB

Outback_2012_manual_orignal_pdfs.zip ---- Alt. Download - 31MB

Outback_2012_manual_single.pdf ------------ Scribd -  Alt. Download - 57MB

Outback_2013_manual_grouped_pdfs.zip--- Alt. Download - 139MB

Outback_2013_manual_orignal_pdfs.zip ---- Alt. Download - 46MB

Outback_2013_manual_single.pdf ------------ Scribd -  Alt. Download - 77MB

Outback_2014_manual_grouped_pdfs.zip--- Alt. Download - 71MB

Outback_2014_manual_orignal_pdfs.zip ---- Alt. Download - 57MB

Outback_2014_manual_single.pdf ------------ Scribd -  Alt. Download - 79MB

File contents:

Outback_[year]_manual_orignal_pdfs.zip------All the original pdfs untouched.

Outback_[year]_manual_grouped_pdfs.zip---- Multi-page pdfs combined into their respective group/manual.

Outback_[year]_manual_single.pdf------------ All the pdfs combined into a single pdf. Use Scribd link to link to specific page.

"Alt. Download" is an alternate download source in case the first one stops working.

Note:
When using a mobile device (phone/tablet) or a forum app like TapaTalk the links above may not work correctly.
Look for a "Download" button or icon. Also try using the Alt. download link.

Google Drive Warning:
You may see a warning from Google Drive saying the file could not be scanned for viruses. This usually occurs when the file is large like these.
I assure you the files I uploaded are clean and don’t contain any viruses.

Other years:
5th Gen. (2015+) OB Manuals and Brochures
3rd Gen. (2005-2009) OB Manuals and Brochures
2nd Gen. (2000-2004) OB Manuals and Brochures

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks! Now if only someone would do this for the Factory Service Manual. :p

·
Registered
666 Posts
I ordered a factory service manual for our 2013 Outback yesterday. Found it on ebay for about $11 including shipping. It comes on a CD and supposedly covers all 4th generation Outback and Legacy model years. Once I receive it and have a chance to review it, I'll try to remember to post back on how good or lousy it is.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My ebay-purchased 2013 Legacy/Outback factory service manual CD arrived in last night's mail. It is indeed extremely comprehensive and contains several thousand pages of information including detailed repair procedures with illustrations and step-by-step instructions. However, it does not have the capability of just clicking on the specific section you need so you must spend some time getting familiar with the manual's layout because whenever you want to use it, you will need to scroll through the various sections until you locate the one you need.

Along with the 2013 CD I was also sent a CD covering the 2010/2011 Legacy/Outback model years and a CD covering the 2014 Legacy/Outback model year. If anyone wants either of these CDs, PM me. I'll sell them for $10 each which will include mailing them to you via USPS as long as you are here in the continental US.

I am running my 2013 CD on a Windows 10 desktop PC with zero problems. It also runs on Windows 8 and Windows 7 PCs. I can't speak for anything earlier than Windows 7.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the update. Does it allow you to pull out PDFs of a particular repair? I'm thinking that if so, I could save a 2-page PDF of a particular repair I'm doing on my phone or iPad (or print it) rather than keep my laptop out in the garage with me.

My ebay-purchased 2013 Legacy/Outback factory service manual CD arrived in last night's mail. It is indeed extremely comprehensive and contains several thousand pages of information including detailed repair procedures with illustrations and step-by-step instructions. However, it does not have the capability of just clicking on the specific section you need so you must spend some time getting familiar with the manual's layout because whenever you want to use it, you will need to scroll through the various sections until you locate the one you need.

Along with the 2013 CD I was also sent a CD covering the 2010/2011 Legacy/Outback model years and a CD covering the 2014 Legacy/Outback model year. If anyone wants either of these CDs, PM me. I'll sell them for $10 each which will include mailing them to you via USPS as long as you are here in the continental US.

I am running my 2013 CD on a Windows 10 desktop PC with zero problems. It also runs on Windows 8 and Windows 7 PCs. I can't speak for anything earlier than Windows 7.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Don't know if you can pull specific PDFs from this CD or not. You should be able to print specific pages (but I do not have a working printer right now to test that). All I have done thus far is to scroll up and down the thousands of pages of the 2013 Legacy/Outback factory service manual CD several times back in mid-December to have a look at what it contains. Cumbersome but doable. You just have to allow the necessary time to find what you are looking for. The more you do that, the more familiar you will become with the manual.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered a factory service manual for our 2013 Outback yesterday. Found it on ebay for about $11 including shipping. It comes on a CD and supposedly covers all 4th generation Outback and Legacy model years. Once I receive it and have a chance to review it, I'll try to remember to post back on how good or lousy it is.
that sound like a great deal. I'm gonna look for one for my 2014g4

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jon what seller did you buy from I got burned a few times with manuals I bought for other cars on crapbay and since yours seems to be a good one I rather get from same seller thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
The December 2016 contact information for my ebay CD factory service manual source is listed as [email protected]. I would e-mail them and ask them if they are still selling these CDs via ebay or perhaps directly to the consumer. I have not had to use it much because this vehicle has been so reliable (now at 50,350 miles and nearing 6.5 years old), but it has come in quite handy several times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Jon89
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing