Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I found this guy selling 2019 Outback service manual (complete as described on their website) for $90. They will compile everything and send a link to you.
I must be missing something. Why would anyone spend $90 with someone in another country who downloaded the manual from Subaru as opposed to simply downloading it yourself from the same place he got it from and spending only $35? Subaru charges $35 for the download (plus lots more than just the manuals) as detailed in this thread.

The official Subaru copy is already "compiled", bookmarked, and cross-referenced, and can be selected by VIN as I mentioned above. It already contains all the features he is touting. I fail to see what is gained for the more than double the price. His claim that only he can deliver in PDF format is clearly wrong. The Subaru manuals are always supplied in downloaded PDF format already. The North American manuals from the official Subaru TechInfo site are delivered as a single PDF file. All wiring diagrams are of course included in the official manual. I am not sure why he implies otherwise.

<soapbox mode on>
Anyone is of course free to buy bootleg copies of copyrighted material from eBay or any other source but I think Subaru's pricing of $35 is more than reasonable. Paying nearly three times that to get it from an unofficial source seems really odd to me.
<soapbox mode off>

John

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I found this guy selling 2019 Outback service manual (complete as described on their website) for $90. They will compile everything and send a link to you.
Why??? ... when you can download a legal copy (and a whole lot more) in PDF format direct from Subaru for $35 (72 hours access)???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ah, thats's part I missed. I thought you have limited access and unable to download. Thanks for the info

There is a time limit, $35/72 hours. There are different prices and longer time limits available, but in 72 hours you can download a boatload of 'stuff'.

Bill

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was there a 50th Anniversary Brochure? I picked up the printed 2018 Outback brochure, didn't see a 50th Anniversary one. My color is the 'Heritage Blue Pearl' is not even in the 2018 brochure. It was only the 50th Anniversary models....no printed material. Can anybody confirm...?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just purchased the 72 hours but there is not arrow to download the 2018 2.5 Service manual? I can download updates/corrections to the service manual, but not the manual itself. Am I doing something wrong? There are many files without the arrow.

Edit: nevermind, the payment did not go through the first time.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
43 Participants
Secerator
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing