Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
And, Kevin...don't forget about the great warranty that goes with 'em. Sheez, let's sell tires together. You know they could always use a Nokian distributer here in the plains. Brian

·
Registered
'04 Colorado, '90 Legacy sedan
137 Posts
Thanks guys! I will definately consider the Nokian WRs.

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
I LOVE mine. I am very impressed with them in the warm weather too. They are a little "bumpy" since I chose to increase the pressure a bit to stiffen the sidewalls some since they are H instead of V rated.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
5,199 Posts
Hey guys, I just want to add some more to this discussion. Jeez, I swear that trying to select the right tire is just about as conflicting as looking through all the oil info at BITOG :p Anyway, I've decided that if I don't go out and get that shiny new 2005 OB I'll need to be getting some new/better tires for my "Hero Wagon." I've given up on the idea of getting 17" rims, so I've been looking for some good tires for the stock 225/60/16 97H size.

After comparing some rubber over at TireRack.com I've become very interested in Kumho Ecsta HP4's which are some of the highest rated tires I've seen on the Tire Rack site, let alone selling for $55/tire in my size. Brian don't hate, but many people (many with Subarus as well) rate these over various Conti's.

So my question is does anyone have any experiences or stories from others with these or any other Kumho tires? If so please share :D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Well the Kumho's abroad have come along and treated many people well. The closer I get to tire time nearing the end of this year, the more research I will do for myself. Kumho could very well suit me also, I'm opening my eyes past the Conti's if need be:) Brian

·
5,199 Posts
bheinz57 said:
Well the Kumho's abroad have come along and treated many people well. The closer I get to tire time nearing the end of this year, the more research I will do for myself. Kumho could very well suit me also, I'm opening my eyes past the Conti's if need be:) Brian
Well Brian the only tires of concern for me are ones that fit my Outback and ones that would fit those 17" Rota's as well as the 2005 OB. For my OB, 225/60/16 and for the 17"s + the 2005 225/55/17 with both having at least a 97H rating. So far the Kumho's have the best value for the 16's and the Conti CH/CV, Premier (my Conti fav ;)) for the 17's and '05 OB. I would like to get some Nokian WR's although with the value/perfomance that the Kumho's and Conti's both provide really outweighs the Nokian idea by a great margin. The only extra benefit you'd get from the Nokians is better traction in all conditions as well as better offroad ability. Still I can buy a 16" set of 4 Kumho's for the price of 2 Nokians.

·
5,199 Posts
I went over to Lincoln (Nebraska) to do some business and stopped by Walker Tire while I was in town. FYI, Walker Tire is the only place in Nebraska & Iowa that sells Nokian tires. Anyway I decided to check out some WR's and the actually had some NEW NRW's there as well. I do have to say that I really LOVE the WR's, internet images cannot do these tires justice ;) Very impressive tread, my tire thoughts have swayed YET AGAIN, this time YET AGAIN towards that of Nokian. I will add that the NRW's don't look that great up close especially when they're right next to some WR's. ****, it looks like I'll be buying some WR's this fall unless something else catches my eye, it will probably be too soon if it does :rolleyes:

****, when am I going to learn :D

21 - 27 of 27 Posts