Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Y'all,

I just scored my first Subaru, an 07 Outback 2.5i. I've been craving this machine for several years but my 98 Oldsmobile was doing the job for me until recently and had to be retired. I am considering a different set of tires that I can drive on unpaved Forest Service roads. I had one puncture and one blowout two years ago and I would like to be able to get in and out safely this year. Especially since my job and my crew is relying on me to show up for work on time. I've heard about the Yokahama Geolander and inquired about it at a local tire shop but they suugested against it because I do not have a lift kit. what are your thoughts or suggestions for AT tires on my stock Outback?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,195 Posts
Howdy Y'all,

I just scored my first Subaru, an 07 Outback 2.5i. I've been craving this machine for several years but my 98 Oldsmobile was doing the job for me until recently and had to be retired. I am considering a different set of tires that I can drive on unpaved Forest Service roads. I had one puncture and one blowout two years ago and I would like to be able to get in and out safely this year. Especially since my job and my crew is relying on me to show up for work on time. I've heard about the Yokahama Geolander and inquired about it at a local tire shop but they suugested against it because I do not have a lift kit. what are your thoughts or suggestions for AT tires on my stock Outback?
moved thread and updated title. moved to the tire section. where this is regular discussion.

we also have "outback unpaved" with threads/ pics / videos of going off road, typically with a list of mods.

people that do real off roading use Ko2 and similar, BUT problem is finding real A/T tires that fit the 2005-2009 outbacks and their tight fenders.

goal: finding a/t tires that have enough strength to take hits from sharp rocks and sticks. (to the tread and sidewall).

·
Registered
05 OBXT
76 Posts
I just picked up a set of 17x8 Enkei RPF1s with 235/60 Cooper Discoverer at3

ordering all new kyb excel-g struts and 1in spacers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts