Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to upgrade into a 2020 Outback but am a little concerned about tire choices.

I currently drive a ‘16 Forester XT and have been very pleased with a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires which I swapped for the stock tires after 20k. I chose the Yokos as they were sold as an on-road focused all-terrain tire rated for severe snow service. They’ve been outstanding - great snow and forest service road traction, quieter than the original Bridgestone Duelers, and still good tread at 50k (though probably would need another set for this next Colorado winter if I keep the car). I live in the western CO desert where it’s a bit warm to run winter tires, so this was a great compromise.

Anyways, I was stocked at the poverty of tire options that showed up on Tire Rack for the Onyx 18” 225/60/18 tires. There weren’t any all-terrain options. I hate not to use the pretty blacked out stock rims, so I wondered if you guys had any thoughts?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I plan on getting some method wheels and bfg k02's on my outback when it gets here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
The new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail look like they could be a great option. They will come in both 225/65/17 and 225/60/18, are 3PMS rated, and were specifically designed for lighter SUVs/CUVs like the Outback, Crosstrek, RAV4, etc.

They are new so new reviews yet, but if they are a slightly more road-focused version of the Wildpeak A/T3W, they might be a great option for Outback owners--especially as the only A/T option in 225/60/18.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts