Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had to buy out of state to be the outback that we wanted at the price that we thought was fair. With that being said it comes with all weather floor mats. Since I havent seen it in person yet I was curious how good are they (similar to weather techs or just okay).

I bought a tacoma a couple of years ago that had "all weather" floor mats that we not good at all so I am just curious if that is the same problem I will run into with the outback.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got all weather mats with my outback, even though I really wasn't looking for them but they were included in a deal that was better than what anyone else was offering.

That said, they are really nice and heavy duty. Thicker than the weathertec mats I have in my other car.

I was pleasantly surprised and impressed.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,693 Posts
I'm going to answer, "Alex, 'What isn't that good even thought it's free?'".

They're free, they cover up a portion of the carpet and that's the problem. Weathertech or Husky are form fitted to the car and are like a glove. The factory ones are just "meh" and what they don't cover will leave dirt marks in the flooring. It's like being passed out at the beach and someone writes "Dork" on you with SPF 100 sunscreen. Sure you had on some sunscreen but did you really?

Of all the floormat and cargo area mat threads I don't think I've ever read a discussion where someone said that Weathertech or Husky were overkill but instead, the questions always seems to be if the factory are any good compared to the others.

Buy once, cry once, live large.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,291 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2nd Subaru owned
275 Posts
I exchanged my genuine Subaru all weather mats for weathertech at the dealer. I just paid the difference. I hated the Subaru mats. When I ordered the car I was expecting quality like what my 03 had. Wrong. The Subaru mats are thin and the ribs are not deep enough to hold much slop. Weathertech are not perfect as I have had them replaced under warranty already. Except for the lip of the mat near the scuff plate not fitting right, the rest of the mats are good.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I agree with most of the others.

The Subaru mats are OK but do not cover as well as Weather Techs. You will be picking up dirt and debris in some of the nooks not covered.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
443 Posts
My Wife and I both bought new Subaru’s back in 2016, her’s is a Legacy Ltd and mine was an OB Ltd. She has the Subaru all weather mats and mine had Weather tech. Both seem to be wearing well and no issues with either. Since yours are part of the deal, you may want to just use them until they wear out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife and I had to buy out of state to be the outback that we wanted at the price that we thought was fair. With that being said it comes with all weather floor mats. Since I havent seen it in person yet I was curious how good are they (similar to weather techs or just okay).

I bought a tacoma a couple of years ago that had "all weather" floor mats that we not good at all so I am just curious if that is the same problem I will run into with the outback.
I have a lightly used (one season) set of WeatherTechs I will make you a great deal on if you want to try WeatherTechs without paying the pretty expensive full price.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Ltd Outback (Tungsten)
835 Posts
I have the ones that came with the Outback and they are fairly light weight, but they do the job. It's kind of like OEM tires, they come with the car and they are fine, but you can probably get better when the time comes to replace them (but I see no reason to do it before that time comes).

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
629 Posts
i was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the all weather subaru mats that came with the car. however, with a toddler i wanted that extra protection in the rear seating area that went across the transmission tunnel. needless to say i bought weathertechs for the front and rear and im very pleased with them. they cover the same area if not more than the OEM subaru all weather mats.

now the all weather mats reside in the trunk area along with the carpet mats that came with the car. if anyone is interested in them, let me know. located in baltimore. cars 3 weeks old, mats were used 2 days hahaha

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,111 Posts
I bought the Huskys at $100 and sold the All-Weathers on Craigslist for $45.
Better lucky than smart any day.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
8 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts