Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crazy question. Living here in NYC, only worried about snow, slush, mud, in winters. I am assuming standard in the car are carpet like floor mats. Therefor wanting to buy Weathertec mats. Not cheap. What do most of you do? Do you keep the all weather mats all year round, especially if they are expensive ones? Or do you swap out the all weather back to the standard after winter is over?

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
352 Posts
Full set of Weathertec in the winter, carpeted Subaru mats when the snows gone, and the Subaru rubber mats went into the trash. This holds true for all three of our Subies on the road today.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ EyeSight
205 Posts
Weathertech year-round. I see no practicality in swapping mats back and forth.

The OEM mats go back in when I sell or trade my car in. Rofl.

I live in MA.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
31 Posts
Husky Floor mats year-round on my 2017 Outback and WeatherTech year-round on my 2011 Forester.

My son gave me the Husky floor mats but I will upgrade to WeatherTech when they wear. I generally believe that the Husky's are a cheaper alternative and seem to be of lesser quality. But I will not look a gift horse in the mouth - they are fine until they wear out.

I live in WV.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2017 Honda CRV Touring
106 Posts
+1 for WeatherTechs. Have had them in every vehicle for the past 15 years. The floor liners wear like iron and are super easy to clean up.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
83 Posts
Weathertech. The all weather mats that came with my OB don't compare with the WT mats I bought for my wife's '17 Impala.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yes carpet mats are standard.

All weather mats all the time here. The Subaru all-weather mats aren't perfect, but they do the job. When they develop a hole or rip or something, will switch to something better.

Here's another floor mat thread: Floormats

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
42 Posts
Weathertech year-round, located in Wisconsin. Had them 8 or so years on my car - the only issue is that the logo disappeared on the passenger one. Subaru all-weather are just not good enough and cost quite a bit as well (not as much as Weathertechs, true). Often you can find a full set in nice shape on Craiglist, worth keeping an eye on Classified section here as well. CL is typically around $80-100 vs new (shipped) being $200.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts