Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6r
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple weeks of hemming, hawing, and talking with Rallitek, I finally ordered their 1" lift spring kit this morning. Only after the order processed did they determine it was actually on backorder! Can't wait until end of June for these.

Are there any similar spring lifts out there you guys know about? I'm only looking for about 1" of lift. More interested in the extra load capacity as we travel with a lot of gear usually. I know about King springs, but have heard they are very stiff. Much stiffer than the Ralliteks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Rallitek springs are worth it in my opinion. I've had them for about two years. I use them because I tow a small camping trailer and they are stiff enough to prevent the rear end from sagging too much. I don't know of any alternatives besides King springs. I've heard they are linear rate springs versus progressive, which causes the overly stiff issue.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6r
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the parts on backorder are the 1" lift springs which has a 1" lift front spring and a 0.75" rear lift spring with a 0.25" spacer. They wont be in for another month. Actually they have the fronts, just the rear is backordered.

Rallitek does have the standard 0" lift rear springs and 1" lift spacers. I'm trying to understand what the difference would be to centering and articulation between the two options. Can anybody help with that?

·
Registered
05 OBXT & 16 Crosstrek
683 Posts
1. Why can't you wait a month?
2. Have you looked at King springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6r
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Why can't you wait a month?
2. Have you looked at King springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hitting the road for a trip up to OR to see family mid June, would like the springs on before then. From what I've read about King springs they are much harsher than Rallitek, linear vs progressive as mentioned above. But I'll wait for the kit I ordered if it turns out that's really the best/only for for my needs.

·
Registered
2015 OB 6-spd MANUAL!
23 Posts
You are correct that the King springs are noticeably stiffer unloaded. If you have extra weight in the back, you might like the lower height King springs. The 0.4" lift, actually lift the car over 1" unloaded and about an 1" with at least a extra 100 lbs in the car.

When I have a trailer or my roof tent, the setup is perfect. Completely empty (which is rare) and no passengers, it's stiff. I had Rallitek springs on my '08 XT and they were amazing for daily driving, unloaded. I barely noticed a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts