Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
603 Posts
Oh boy! I forgot all about those, and I even had one. Sucker worked well, fed into an FM station...pretty good sound (if ya had a decent radio and speakers).

Now, where is that Radio Shake...oh that's right>gone.

In all seriousness, I will do some Google work and see if I can come up with a DIY circuit. Who knows, maybe CCR will rock on in her '18 Outback.

Bill
Don't these cars have an auxiliary jack in that small flip lid cubby in front? Maybe you can plug your cassette player into that. Yes there isn't much info in the manuals but there is an aux in plug up front. That was easy.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited/Ex: 2000 Outback Limited
199 Posts
Don't these cars have an auxiliary jack in that small flip lid cubby in front? Maybe you can plug your cassette player into that. Yes there isn't much info in the manuals but there is an aux in plug up front. That was easy.
Yup, I see that also. Just spent some time trying to figure out just what Subaru means by "AUX". Checked ALL of the various manuals plus FSM...to my old addled mind one word...HUH?

I'll keep (kinda) playing with it and see what comes up...till then my truck DOES have a cassette player (LOL).

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my '19 Outback Ltd my local AM/FM preset radio stations suddenly disappeared while I was on a roadtrip this week. The XM stations remained.
I can understand that once I depart my local broadcast area the radio won't pull in the station but would not the stored frequency remain?
Has this happened to anyone else or is just me?
Weird...
I have a 2018 OB Touring ed. On a long road trip last month, I lost all my presets (local and SXM) several times, I reprogrammed the radio twice. One time the presets magically returned the next day. This is a known problem with Subaru. I'm surprised that the dealer is denying it. I'm taking mine back to the dealer next week to have the software upgraded or the unit replaced if they have no fix.

·
Registered
2019 Outback premium. Tungsten metallic.
251 Posts
When my '19 Outback was about 3 weeks old, I found all the stations missing when I started up the car. After re-installing them, station by station, I made a "cheat sheet" in case it happened again. After a year, it is still OK. The "cheat sheet" worked. :)

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
When my '19 Outback was about 3 weeks old, I found all the stations missing when I started up the car. After re-installing them, station by station, I made a "cheat sheet" in case it happened again. After a year, it is still OK. The "cheat sheet" worked. :)
I need to do that - after the XM trial was over, I reprogrammed all the presets... the next free trial all the XM presets were back for a few weeks until the trial was over.... I figured it would revert back... nope. All were blank. I haven’t bothered factory resetting the radio and then programming in any FM stations yet... it’s rare I use it anyway. Right now, if I get another free trial weekend or week... all the XM stuff should reappear.

I thought about doing the factory reset, but wasn’t sure if the WIFI updated map regions would erase too.... those take a while to download (not sure why so slow - it’s ridiculous).

·
Registered
20 Posts
On my '19 Outback Ltd my local AM/FM preset radio stations suddenly disappeared while I was on a roadtrip this week.appened to anyone else or is just me?
Bad luck. It's been happening to me in my 2018 since 2018, and it's apparently unfixable. I've had the radio replaced and it didn't fix the problem. I was hoping they'd have that resolved in the 2019. Now it looks like I'll have to wait on the 2020 or move to another car.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited w/3.6
1 Posts
I dealt with this issue for a long time with my '18 Outback. The AM & FM presets would disappear sometimes after a day, a week, or a month. I took it in to the dealer several times but, since they couldn't duplicate it, they never did anything. The dealer told me, with a straight face, that this was the first time they had ever heard of the issue! Out of frustration, I started searching the internet for a solution. About 3 months ago, I "think" I found it. There was a suggestion from someone to do two things: 1) Perform a Factory Reset 2) Create a Profile. Since I'm the only driver, I never bothered with setting a Profile. I just used the Default one. Since I figured I had nothing to loose, I went ahead & performed the two steps. Guess what, I have not lost a station in 3 months! When you do a Factory Reset, your XM stations are not affected, but you will need to re-pair your phone. I hope this works for you. I'm convinced that it worked for me!

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 2.5i - Black
4 Posts
Also had/have this problem. New owner for about 2 months. Has disappeared three times. First time on a road trip out of the country. Second and third times were just in town. I hadn't immediately reset my presets, and they didn't come back, so I don't think it was anything temporary. Very annoyed at this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry that I am not an Outback owner, but rather a WRX STI owner. I've had this issue as well. In the last few days, repeatedly. I keep thinking it is because my system tries to update everytime I get in my garage near my WiFi. So I turned off the automatic updates. It wouldn't update anyway (well, it is new). So in the last few days, I have been driving in areas where I have to change radio stations. I drive once a week almost 150 miles one way, and I have about 8 presets, that I just hop through as I drive up and back. Well this week, the presets were all gone. So on my way home I tuned to and set about 4 of them back... Yesterday, no presets, so I set 1. Today, no presets. Yesterday and today, I wasn't any more than about 20 miles from home, definitely within station range. I read somewhere that the reset is to hold down the power/volume button about 10 seconds. I will try that tomorrow. I'll be back to let you know what I find out.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts