Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5I non Turbo
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have an 07 Outback non turbo 2.5i, well changing the headlight bulb I noticed the battery was bulging on the side and had leaked a little. That said I replaced it and now the car seems to idle a little higher. Before the change it sat and about 600rpm in drive stopped at a light now its seems to be setting at about 700rpm. Where should it be? I may just be crazy and not have paid that much attention.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
841 Posts
It seems reasonable to me. That was a very unhappy battery. If it was taking more charging current, the alternator would require more power from the engine.

·
Registered
06 Outback 2.5i, 06 BMW 325xi wagon, 02 2.5rs, 82 CB750, Polaris XC SP 500, and a single speed bike.
876 Posts
That's exactly where it should sit at idle. I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
05 OBXT 5eat stg1.2
2,104 Posts
It's probably more related to the change in coolant temps than the battery. If the car sat long enough for the coolant temp to drop, that would raise the idle a little.

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
The ECM will relearn idle after a battery swap. It will probably go back to where it was after a few days.

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,483 Posts
The new battery provided ample amperage for everything to operate properly.

The car should be running at 700.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts