Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

***First Post***

I've been lurking around for a few weeks, and I want a '05 Outback XT. I sucked it up and went to dealer and was quoted the following:

39 month lease:
$369.00 a month total
$2,000.00 down
15k miles a year

I need to make a decsion before the end of month, Am I getting a good deal??

·
Registered
'05 XT Outback Ltd Wgn, 2 tone silver..
23 Posts
Hey Keystone, I'm a newbie too..Just curious on why you want to lease? I lease a truck at one time and after three years, decided to buy the truck and then another three years of payments, but after the three years and had it payed off decided to i wanted a smaller truck, traded that in got the smaller truck but did'nt lease this time..After my co-workers and friends told about lease cars, they say it great for business where you can write off on your taxes..So now i'm looking at the 05 outback xt limited waiting for rebates and other stuff, but when i do make the move, i'll more and likely will do a 84 month plan, and hope have my payments under 300.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Odie,

I'm looking to keep the pymts down since I just bought a new house and the family minivan (1996 Ford Windstar -w- 158,000 miles) is starting to get expensive to maintain. I've putting extra mileage on my I30 and need something dependable. I can't see myself making pymts for 5 or more years. Maybe I'll wait for incentives as you mentioned or finance the OB 2.5i.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,121 Posts
odie1 said:
Hey Keystone, I'm a newbie too..Just curious on why you want to lease? I lease a truck at one time and after three years, decided to buy the truck and then another three years of payments, but after the three years and had it payed off decided to i wanted a smaller truck, traded that in got the smaller truck but did'nt lease this time..After my co-workers and friends told about lease cars, they say it great for business where you can write off on your taxes..So now i'm looking at the 05 outback xt limited waiting for rebates and other stuff, but when i do make the move, i'll more and likely will do a 84 month plan, and hope have my payments under 300.
Odie I totally agree with you on the buying instead of leasing part, as well as how its good to wait for incentives (rebates, good APR's). I've never really seen the point in leasing a car, unless its higher end like a Benz, Lexus, etc.

Although, Keystone that is a fairly good lease deal nonetheless if thats what you decide to go with. I myself would rather buy a car than lease, but of course its your choice :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
There are still a lot of 2004's out there, and heavily discounted prices. I got my H-6 Outback for $23,000. If you have to have the latest model, that doesn't sound bad, but what is the residual value at the end of the lease ??? Overall, I don't like leases for the average buyer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikejt54 said:
There are still a lot of 2004's out there, and heavily discounted prices. I got my H-6 Outback for $23,000. If you have to have the latest model, that doesn't sound bad, but what is the residual value at the end of the lease ??? Overall, I don't like leases for the average buyer.
Mikejt54:

How much of a discount can I expect on an '04? The dealer kept pushing the '05's but I think they were just trying to make there quota for June.

·
Registered
1999 subaru legacy outback
1 Posts
how much of a discount can I expect on an '04? The dealer kept pushing the '05's but I think they were just trying to make there quota for June. [/B][/QUOTE]

I went to look around this weekend looking for subaru and i stop by the dealer and they were having a sale of those 04 around low 19K and less i end up buying a 1999 with 35K for less than 10 K

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got a quote from the one dealere here for 3% over invoice on a XT, even if I order it. The one dealer here also has a 2003 LL Bean left over brand new...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got $5,000 off. The car's sticker said $28, 181, and I got it for $23,000My dealer in Riverside, Ca still has some 04's left on the lot. Doesn't have all the new stuff of the 05, but you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There are many car salesmans out there who are more than willing to make a good deal. Many of those salesmen realize that volume, more so than top dollar sales price puts more money in their pockets. You just have to go looking. The whole 2-3% over invoice, well it is all crap. Even when buying a car under invoice, the dealer makes money as well as the salesman. With enough negotiation, you can get regularly get 200-500 over invoice price on any new automobile.

Take your time finding the right salesman. Never take a salesmans card until you are comfortable with them and you could see yourself buying a car from them. I wont take a salesmans card unless I would feel comfortable asking him to play a round of golf. I went back to this one dealership three times before the I met the right guy.

Anyway, I ordered my new OBXT Ltd. (It should be in next week or at the latest the week after that) for just over invoice. MSRP 32K with destination charge. I am getting it for a little over 29K.

If you want an 04 model, there should be no problems at all. Work them hard, you will get a really good deal. As fast as the 05's are coming in, they will be having a hard time getting rid of the 04's. As for waiting for the rebates on the 05's do not hold your breath.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,121 Posts
rwsub, I've been trying to preach everything you just said for the longest time on this site and to various people abroad ;)

·
Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
47 Posts
2004 Outback Incentives - These are accurate for the midwest region. These are effective through August 2nd.

There are special interest rates as well. 1.9% for up to 48 Months, and 2.9% for up to 63 months. But I feel that the rebate is the better option-You end up saving more money that way, especially if you can get a halfway decent rate from elsewhere.

It's an either/or deal. You can either get the rebate - it comes off after taxes, not before, or the interest rates - if you qualify for them.

1. Limited Wagon and Sedan - $2500
  2. VDC Wagon and Sedan - $1500
  3. H-6 Wagon and Sedan - $1500
  4. L.L. Bean Wagon -$1500
  5. Base Wagon -$2500
    [/list=1]

Or wait until next year, when there will likely be incentives on the 05's. Even though the model style won't change between 05 and 06, the base engine horsepower is going up to 180 from 168.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts