Subaru Outback Forums banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Proud owner of an 18 Outback. Looking to get my daughter an 18 Forester any Ambassadors on here spare a coupon??

Craigm

Reactions: Bluroo8u

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,943 Posts
Ambassadors are instructed not to advertise or distribute coupons via social media or online forums. This has always been their policy, but they really began clamping down about a year ago.

In the past there were lot of people who registered on forums like this just to solicit an Ambassador coupon; it was often their first and only post. There were even a couple of posts from people offering money (i.e. a bribe) for an Ambassador coupon. That's not what Subaru had in mind for the Ambassador program. It's intent was (and still is) to facilitate face-to-face interaction between people considering buying a Subaru and existing (presumably satisfied) owners.

Reactions: DuffCon

·
Registered
299 Posts
How does one become an Ambassador?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apply on the ambassador website then just wait to see if they pick you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,419 Posts
Ambassadors don't get the coupon, either. They do get a different offer. But, not the coupon.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,078 Posts
Then who gets the Ambassador Coupon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
the whole marketing scheme changed a couple months back, and all the ambassadors had to go quiet on social media / forums about them and delete all previous mentions of them. (like forum members asking mods for whole old threads and posts here to be deleted....from years ago.....less they loose their ambassador status).

so getting a coupon is now harder. ... if they exist much anymore.
______

best chance to get one. ...find a ambassador wearing a ambassador teeshirt at a event that subaru sponsors.....and tell them you want to buy a honda CRV. or Toyota Rav4.

and then ask if any old timey ambassador coupons still exist,...as you would hate to walk away from subaru over money.....and start crying :crying: at the prospect.....and maybe somewhere....some person or thing will mail you a coupon.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,078 Posts
Proud owner of an 18 Outback. Looking to get my daughter an 18 Forester any Ambassadors on here spare a coupon??

Craigm
personally I would hold out for the 19 foresters to hit the lots in the fall of this year.

then test them head to head, and see what intensives exist to move the old 18 stock.

this as the 2019 are on the global platform, and hopefully better in every way. (and as such you might get her a 19 as its so much better,...or a 18 as its being discounted and you still find it tolerable).

....I would want to sit in such things on extended test drives though,...like 45 minutes. as foresters got odd seats,...hard/narrow and they might wear on you. (like a walmart seat cushion for a lawn chair gets put on one).

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.I
40 Posts
Indeed, I agree with the new changes to the ambassador coupon criteria. Asking for a coupon is essentially asking a stranger for $500.00. I wont share them with anyone I don't know, but if you have a new or old subaru you love I sure will share some SAWG!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5i 2016 VW Passat SE
221 Posts
Ambassadors don't get the coupon, either. They do get a different offer. But, not the coupon.
Just to be clear, Ambassadors still get the same value though ($500 off), even if it isn't called a coupon for Ambassadors to redeem. I don't want anyone thinking Ambassadors get more or less than anyone else using a coupon.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6
40 Posts
I received mine yesterday. It's called a "owner loyalty" coupon in both the email subject line and on the document. I called Subaru customer service and had it by email a few minutes later.

BTW, the dealer was unhappy and unpleasant when I brought it out after negotiating the price.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium PZEV With Eyesight. Package 4 & 14
35 Posts
I received mine yesterday. It's called a "owner loyalty" coupon in both the email subject line and on the document. I called Subaru customer service and had it by email a few minutes later.

BTW, the dealer was unhappy and unpleasant when I brought it out after negotiating the price.

Hi, #subaruambassadors here.

That’s not acceptable, I would call that one in. The loyalty coupon is just like a mfg’s coupon for a can of corn, the dealer gets reimbursed. There’s really no reason for the dealer to get upset.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,250 Posts
interesting. i am considering getting a 2019 OB. I have a 2017 OB 2.5. For some reason, I want a 3.6. Grown to like the vehicle.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited/Ex: 2000 Outback Limited
203 Posts
May I ask a quick question?

Whatsa Subaru Ambassador?

Bill

·
Registered
2019 Acura RDX, 2018 Audi TT RS
10 Posts
Second post, but I have been lurking for a while.

My wife and I are looking for a good vehicle to take on to Saint Augustine Beach where we just purchased a house. Driving on the sand is a lot more involved than I ever thought. :surprise:

After reading numerous posts on several forums - Wrangler, Tacoma, Outback - it looks like we will be purchasing an Outback 2.5 Premium. Not sure how that info plays out with the whole coupon thing, but I'm open to suggestions. :wink2:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,078 Posts
May I ask a quick question?

Whatsa Subaru Ambassador?

Bill
google is your friend.....

the person that wheres a black tee shirt that says "subaru ambassador" and hands out free plastic water bottles as a volunteer,

where people crawl through mud for half a hour and get skin infections and tick bites.....for fun.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Limited/Ex: 2000 Outback Limited
203 Posts
google is your friend.....

the person that wheres a black tee shirt that says "subaru ambassador" and hands out free plastic water bottles as a volunteer,

where people crawl through mud for half a hour and get skin infections and tick bites.....for fun.

Got it...THANX!

Bill

141 - 160 of 184 Posts