Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
09 OBXT 5MT DBM
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and thought I'd start a photo journal of sorts for my recent purchase.

Purchased 04.12.13 in Colorado. I'm actually living in Hawaii right now but we're planning to move to SF around the end of summer. Flew out to LAX to meet my dad who wanted to come along for the adventure then connected out to Denver. Picked up the car and made the 1,100 mile trek back to Long Beach. Got to briefly enjoy over the weekend.

Not a stranger to Subaru, miss this car!

And the last car I had

We'll see where this OBXT takes me ;)

·
Premium Member
2014 Legacy 2.5i 6M
150 Posts
Love all of the cars! Good luck with the OBXT

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5XT 5MT - Deep Bronze Metallic (1 of 50 imported)
43 Posts
Bronze Turbo 09 Outback

Welcome to this very limited club. Your car is number 3 of 50 made in 09 (that I've come across, anyway). I have one, and I believe there is someone else on this forum with one. Enjoy it! Here are a couple pictures of mine (somewhat recent):

·
Registered
09 OBXT 5MT DBM
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DarkPhoenix!

Welcome to this very limited club. Your car is number 3 of 50 made in 09 (that I've come across, anyway).
Looks awesome subie4evr! Really around 50 in 2009? Had no idea! Really wanted the color because I like metallic browns and it's a bit different than the other colors offered. I guess I got pretty lucky with the find, glad I went for it! What's your wheel setup by the way?

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5XT 5MT - Deep Bronze Metallic (1 of 50 imported)
43 Posts
Looks awesome subie4evr! Really around 50 in 2009? Had no idea! Really wanted the color because I like metallic browns and it's a bit different than the other colors offered. I guess I got pretty lucky with the find, glad I went for it! What's your wheel setup by the way?
Yeah, when I got my car I emailed SOA. They told me that in 2009 there were 500 OBXT's made with our color. Only 10% of them were stick. I think it's funny that back when they were new brown was a pretty oddball color and now it's becoming rather trendy.

Wheel Setup:
Wheels:18x8 Titanium w/Machined Undercut Bremmer Kraft BR08
Tires:235/45ZR18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

I also have a Rallitek light bar on the car now, and I Plastidipped the grill to black instead of chrome.

·
Registered
09 OBXT 5MT DBM
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been a while since I've posted. Moved from Hawaii to SF last September and did two and half months of backpacking Asia and Europe in between the move.

Thanksgiving weekend plastidipped my wheels. My stock struts were ready for retirement. Did countless hours of reading and research, debated back and forth on spring/shock combos and coilovers. Ended up with coilovers, KW V2. Love them!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
It's been a while since I've posted. Moved from Hawaii to SF last September and did two and half months of backpacking Asia and Europe in between the move.

Thanksgiving weekend plastidipped my wheels. My stock struts were ready for retirement. Did countless hours of reading and research, debated back and forth on spring/shock combos and coilovers. Ended up with coilovers, KW V2. Love them!

What is the damage on those Coil Overs...interested in long term feedback as well. I am looking into lowering a tad.

·
Registered
09 OBXT 5MT DBM
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the damage on those Coil Overs...interested in long term feedback as well. I am looking into lowering a tad.
Let's just say I'm not picking up a set of wheels anytime soon :) Although, I'm pretty happy the way it sits and looks with the meaty tires and the stock wheels (and most importantly the way it rides and handles now). FYI I have set at the maximum height recommend by KW's spec sheet. Waiting for it to settle to determine if the rear would need a small spacer to prevent a saggy butt. I'll try to remember to post some long term feedback too.

Wow that is a gorgeous wagon!! OMG!
Thanks!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
PM me, if you're too modest for here, I'd like to know. BTW I, I should be embarrassed about what I've done, but I'm not.

Smiling, hauling, and punching the right foot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts