·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 3 of Subaru ownership.
1 DIY written for the v1 install
2" hitch added
Fronts tinted
... And I'm about to go buy a Yakima space booster I found on Craigslist.

Totally. Awesome.

I love this car.

2013 dark grey premium 2.5 with cold weather package.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
LOL - ours gets packed tonight for the 8+hr slog to sit down and have dinner with a bunch of family. Looking forward to the new tires the last trip down was done on the old Conti crap tires at 35,000 miles. This ride should be exceptionally smooth and more enjoyable!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL - ours gets packed tonight for the 8+hr slog to sit down and have dinner with a bunch of family. Looking forward to the new tires the last trip down was done on the old Conti crap tires at 35,000 miles. This ride should be exceptionally smooth and more enjoyable!!!
Same here...

So on the Conti thing - I haven't had mine long enough to figure it out, are they really THAT bad?

What tires would you do in lieu of the contis? (I know a million threads on the subject ... but hey you took the time to answer my intro so you must know somewhat trustworthy)

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Same here...

So on the Conti thing - I haven't had mine long enough to figure it out, are they really THAT bad?

What tires would you do in lieu of the contis? (I know a million threads on the subject ... but hey you took the time to answer my intro so you must know somewhat trustworthy)
I found the contis have major issue holding balance. My tire shop found they needed sizeable amounts of weight to rebalance them after about 10k. At about 25,000 miles I had one tire that could no longer go to the front end out of round shook the front end too much to deal with the shakey steering wheel. They also would shake a fair bit after getting curbed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
subiesailor
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing