Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, during some mudding last night I ended up busting my front swaybar. Right between the end and the connection to the frame. Anyway, my welder friend says he can weld it right back together. I'm wondering if that's an acceptable solution or should I just bow down and spend the cash to get a new one? I have some photos attatched. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Wow, that looks like a piece of cast metal, no forging there. I agree with the 'One' Might as well get a new one and not try and repair that one. Brian

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm sure you're all right. I'm just looking for the cheap temporary fix, I'll just have to scrounge the money now. The great thing is now the front end has some crazy articulation. Not so great around corners but it's kinda fun. Anyway, does anyone have any good reccomendations for aftermarket front sway bars? Most people upgrade the rear one and leave the front so I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded theirs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
therevengingo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing