Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester ,2017 Outback, 2020 Outback, 2020 WRX STI
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my CWP 2016 Outback Limited for a SWP 2017 Outback Touring.

The 2016 is listed on the window sticker as Crystal White Pearl

The 2017 is listed on the window sticker as Satin White Pearl

I am looking into buying body side moldings but Satin White Pearl is not listed as a color for the 2017 Outback, Only Crystal White Pearl. The color code on my 2017 passenger side door jamb label says K1X, which when searched is Crystal White Pearl.

Now My question is: Is Satin White Pearl & Crystal White Pearl the same? I am unable to tell the difference.

The 2016 I traded was built 11/2016.
My 2017 was built 6/2017.

Couple things come to mind: Either the 2017 window sticker is labeled wrong, The Door Jamb label on my new 2017 is wrong, the car is a late build & Subaru decided to change colors last minute or the car was mis-built with the wrong color? (very unlikely scenario, at least none heard of with Subaru. When I used to work at Ford, I have seen my fair share of mis-built vehicles Ex: Had 1 F-150 with the wrong differential & drive shaft. A couple of Ford Explorers with mismatched door panels & mis-matched seats)

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,537 Posts
Believe the door jamb placard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts