Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have searched the forum up and down for this but did not get any clear answers.

The car: 2004 Outback Wagon, 116K, 5 sp

Problem: Check engine light comes on occasionally, but does not effect driving. The code is P1443. What's weird is that other threads on this forum have people complaining about hard fill-ups, starts, etc. I don't have any trouble with these, but only AFTER I turn off the CEL, the car is hard to start the first time and fine after that.

Not sure where to go from here. I've also seen reference to the green connector under the dash. I found the connector, but what does it connect to? I dont see any other open connectors under there :confused:

Any help is appreciated folks. I'm irritated with this because I just last week had the cats replaced to get rid of a P0420 code, and now this :3:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some folks have reported using seafoam in the tank has cleared it up.

evap codes are horrible.
I'll have to try that out next time I fill up.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did top off the tank a couple times. Now I see that's a no-no.

I've had the car about 6 months and have topped it off a couple times but this code only came after the cats were replaced and the P0420 code went away :confused: Shouldn't be any connection between the two codes right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
emr454
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing