Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my first post. I hope some of you can help me out. I own a 2005 Subaru Outback. I am in the process of switching out the original radio head unit for a 2007 head unit that can take an aux input (I hope to get SVXdc's i85 adapter).

I just received a 2007 head unit from an ebay seller, paid about $50 including shipping. However, the seller cut the proprietary subaru connector from the antenna wire sticking out of the back of the head unit. Of course, I will have the connector from the 2005 head unit. Is it easy to swap the antenna connector to the 2007 head unit--for instance, can I pry it off the 2005's antenna wire and clamp it on the 2007's? Would I need to cut the wire from the 2005 and solder it to the 2007? Would I be better served by getting one of those subaru antenna adatpers with the motorola male connector on one end and placing a motorola female connector on the antenna wire? Or would it be better for me to return the 2007 radio to the seller and get one that still has the antenna connector from a different seller?

Thanks for your replies in advance!

Will
Seattle WA

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would probably look into getting a male/female motorola connector and make your own adapter. Prying the connector probably will be difficult and you may end up damaging it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would probably look into getting a male/female motorola connector and make your own adapter. Prying the connector probably will be difficult and you may end up damaging it.
Thanks for your reply, lashlee. I decided to return the radio and order one that still has the connector attached. Decided it would be better to have one that just plugs and plays, and doesn't require any antenna splicing (which defeats the purpose of getting an oem radio in the first place, in my opinion).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
MEtoWA
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing