Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013,Outback,2.5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just today actually bought a 2013 Subaru Outback. Everything is going good on it except it was low on anti freeze. So I did a little research to see what type of anti free it could take, picked it up and proceeded to put it In. The next thing I noticed was it spilling below the car. The only reason I started filling it, was because the level was below low on the resivoir. So now I'm extremely confused and upset , because I'm no sure if this is supposed to happen , but I would think now lol. I even put it on ramps to check out the resivoir and didn't see any visible cracks or holes . Advice please.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,800 Posts
The answer to that is outside of my wheelhouse and I've got nothing else for you except to say welcome and that people a lot smarter will likely come along with some help.

Do update your profile to include the basics of your car like you see in mine that way people have a point of reference whenever you post a question or comment.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,748 Posts
No, this is not supposed to happen.

If you filled only the overflow tank and antifreeze runs out system even before you start the engine, chances are that it's only the overflow tank leaking. That's fairly easy to address.

If you checked and filled the radiator level as well, then there are more possibilities for leaks, likely more serious.

And if you filled one or both and it holds antifreeze so long as the engine is not started, but then runs out afterward, cold or warm, then there are even more possibilities and even more serious issues to address.

Since you just purchased this vehicle, this sounds like something the seller probably knew and didn't disclose. You might want to pursue some options with that person / sales organization.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts