Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a 05 OB 2.5i Limited with an automatic. Does anybody have one and give me there opinion? Still a few months away from making a purchas, so I don't want to go to the dealership yet to drive one. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased a 2005 XT Limited. I am very pleased with this car. When I first test drove the new Outback, I couldn't believe how high Subaru had raised the bar. It drives as well as any of the German imports. Check out the residual values for the Outback, they rival Toyota and Honda. Buy this car, you will enjoy it and it is a smart purchase.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is the vehicle I took delivery of one week ago I spent much time trying to decide which of the 3 engines to buy. The sales guys were all hyping the turbo and I am glad I didn't take much of their enthusiasm to heart. I settled on the 2.5i. Next was which level of trim. Was it worth $3500 for leather and a sun roof? I'm now glad I stepped up to the plate. But the single feature that I think is the neatest of all is the SPORT shift A/T. With it you can shift the vehicle just like you would a stick EXCEPT it's a lot quicker off the line. Just a simple push forward and you've shifted - a really cool feature. AND the 4 banger - unassisted - has plenty of pep and top end. AND with the A/T in 4th Sport, you can cruise up slight inclines without the tranny constantly hunting. Also this engine gets a lot better mileage than the turbo or 6 cyl AND it uses the cheapest fuel. I did take two options that I really didn't want but they were on the only gold available in Oregon last week, and again, I'm glad I took them. The Woofer/Amplifier, I thought was just some gimmic - NOT TRUE. This option allows you to listen to low volume levels and get really great sound. It's not just to shake the door panels. I also took the compass/mirror option and would do it again. These optins were a little spendy but I like both of them and I'll get most of the money back when I sell the Suby. This is the most sophistacated car I've driven in a while and I really think Suby did a great job. Quality and Value are evident. Almost hoping winter hurrys up so I can try out the AWD. Going to Reno next week just to put on some highway miles for the break-in. AND on the first two fills - I got 28+ MPG. There really is nothing being produced today which fits the kind of vehicle I want to drive. I considered: Toyota Highlander - too big and crappy mileage; VW diesel Passat Diesel- same price as the Suby BUT you'd have to deal with VW, ie; special oil available only from VW - $800 to change the timing belt, etc. Honda CRV - too small - just a toy. Suby stands alone - for my money.
Good Luck !!!!!!!
AND JOHN - if you don't mind driving to Salem, OR you can save the $275 advertizing that you get charged in WA and most other states. Let me know if you have any interest - I have a great ontact in Salem. She'd do U right !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I highly agree with tlippy in everything about the 2.5i. I took the base model with that Auto and it is an awesome car for the base price. I would of liked the leather & sunroof, but just didn't have the extra cash. So...if your hesitant about the base engine, don't be, because it is pretty quick for a 4 banger...especially considering the gas milage it's giving you while driving 4 wheels all the time. As far as the rest of the car, it's one of (if not the) smartest engineered cars I've driven. Get this car, you will enjoy every drive!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the great posts. I wasn't to keen on the Turbo. Didn't really think that I needed all of that power. Just wasn't sure about the same motor that is currently in my OBS in a heavier car. Sounds like it does just fine though. Thanks again.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We just took delivery of our 2.5i Limited yesterday and are very happy. I did a lot of prior research and the 2.5i made the most sense. Plenty of power for me (automatic). Has the best mileage of the engine options on 87 octane (commute 80 miles a day). Rides and drives great. Looks awsome (black on black). You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Karen - an incredible effort on your part. Thanks for the information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
tlippy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing