Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning!

Here's the deal, I'm lowering my 2014 Outback 2.5i Limited with BC-BR coilovers and I am wondering if I will need any additional hardware to make the installation a success. The coils have adjustable comber plates in the front, so that's good. And I'm also installing bump-stops from the legacy for compatibility reasons.

Can I just go ahead and install the coils and bump stops and be fine, or will I need some sort of other hardware for the install? I'm hoping to lower the car so that there is about 1.5 inches of space between the stock tire size and the actual body of the vehicle. Will I have comber issues in the rear? I'm going to have a local shop install them with my specified adjustments and rates on the coils.

Thanks, all!
Also, does anyone have the part number for 2014 legacy bump stops? Where could I look this up?

Again, thanks!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Your BC BRs should be 100% complete bolt in. No additional hardware needed. They should come set up with the proper preload set already for the springs. You will just have to play with the height. Did you get the camber plates for the front top mount, or fixed. Not sure they even sell them with fixed plates anymore.

If they have fixed plates, there is the possibility, you may need a simple camber bolt upfront for adjustment, probably not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front struts came straight out of the box with the camber adjustments already on them. Thanks for the reply! You think the camber will be okay in the back?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts