Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get that there's not much to be gained performance wise, but the sound would be appreciated. I found Nameless makes some nice looking pieces, but nothing for the 2.5. I didn't find much on searching.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
480 Posts
There are no other systems for our cars. I heard AVO has one in the works, though. What I did was add a Magnaflow resonator and two Magnaflow mufflers. Makes my 3.6 sound really good, and improved flow with my XRT tune.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
No one makes a kit, not enough market demand.

Any decent exhaust shop can swap in a new muffler or chunk of pipe. I was happy with Magnaflow on my old Fords, but haven't run them on a Subaru. Stock exhausts on both of mine.

You can probably find a few clips on youtube for 5th gen exhaust sounds.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Suspect there is not much for the 2.5 because all you end up with is something that sounds like a weed whacker.

Reactions: dumpster fire

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium - Carbide Gray
201 Posts
This is the instagram user where I found out about this exhaust. Here's a video of the muffler delete on his 2.5

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPIuVs2BJgd/

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. I went to youtube and found some Legacy 3.6R with the 5" muffler option. I would assume the outback would be similar sounding... perhaps less loud with one exhaust only? But either way, i think the 5" muffler is the way to go for me. The muffler delete just seems excessive.

·
Registered
855 Posts
You bought the wrong car! Nothing worse than a car that tries to sound like it's hot when it is underpowdered. Save your money and trade in for something that matches it's sound.

Reactions: z28dug and skipw

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are no other systems for our cars. I heard AVO has one in the works, though. What I did was add a Magnaflow resonator and two Magnaflow mufflers. Makes my 3.6 sound really good, and improved flow with my XRT tune.
i was wondering where did you get the resonator and mufflers at and where to get everything to do the stage one and stage two xrt tune at

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
480 Posts
i was wondering where did you get the resonator and mufflers at and where to get everything to do the stage one and stage two xrt tune at
Here you go, these are the links to the mufflers I got and the resonator. Please note there will be a good amount of drone. I lived with it for over 3 years, but eventually went back to the stock exhaust.

Magnaflow resonator : https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-14156-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B001HLRHMU

Magnaflow mufflers: https://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-11365-MagnaFlow-Exhaust-Muffler/dp/B000XQM1LM/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts