Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I love the Hero Wagon!
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself, the only reason there is a forester section on here is because I'm buddies with the guy who set up this site for the outback, and he was generous enough to set up a forester section too. i feel special.

so, I do not own a forester as of yet, but I will in about a week and a half, just waiting on the funds. i've been looking to buy a new car for some time and Cao Cao talked me into at least looking at what subaru has to offer. and boy am i glad he did, these vehicles are very veerrrry nice. i wouldn't mind an outback but i don't care for automatics at all. so hopefully i'll have my hands on one of these beasts if all goes as planned. look forward to chatting with everyone! later.

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,112 Posts
Well I decided to put this forum on the site because there aren't many Forester forums out there either, many Outback owners may own Foresters also or have past experience owning a Forester, and because of a personal request. Many current Outback owners may be former Forester owners or vice versa and can contribute to this forum. Nuff said:)

BTW, thanks for the link to OFFROADSUBARUS.com

Neat site, hope it comes up very soon!

·
Registered
MY04 Forester X
14 Posts
Thanks Cao Cao
i have stolen your banner and will put it up on my
new site with a link :D

There will be a section on Outbacks on the site as many go off road and touring and have done such trips as the notorious Canning Stock Route/Simpson desert etc .

Nice forum here and i will frequent here with some information on aussie Outbacks/Foresters as i come across the articles.

A guy i am going bush with ownes an Outback but he is taking his modified for the bush L-Series for this trip,see if i cant pry some information out of him :cool:

cheers
Tony

·
5,112 Posts
Excellant XT Peaty! Love that color :D

BTW, I haven't thanked you for coming here yet so thanks! You are a very valuable member to our OB community and the Subaru community in general :D

·
5,112 Posts
Wow! Those are nice rims Peaty! I like the dark not-so-aluminum color. You should put up your own gallery here with your VDC and XT. BTW, what does "RUH ROH" on you plates mean?

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
As ScoobyDoo is the unofficial mascot of Subaru's it's what Scooby says a lot :p

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Peaty, nice McGuard spline drives in black:) Nice rims, too...But really, I've heard rave reviews about the spline drives. Are they built good? And what mating surface are they or do they have different kinds (conical, flat...) Brian

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Forester S
1 Posts
Love my Soob

I just bought a 2001 forester s with all the options. And I could not be happier. This is my first Soob, but it will not be my last. I bought this car as a work car. I drive around denver all day going to service calls. Every soob owner I have ever spoken to has nothing but praise for them. I am looking forward to the snow now, it's a step up from my 2001 chevy prizim.

Look forward to hearing from all the forester owners out there.

See ya!!!!!
Paul:D

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X
14 Posts
New Forester 2.5X. :)
See posts under Outback submarine !
This is my third sube
81 dual range wagon
Outback submarine
Now a Forester
Regards Bushrat

·
Registered
2002 L.L. Bean Cusco Front & Rear Strut bars,Whiteline Adj. Rear Bar
53 Posts
We are a Subaru family! I'm on my 4th wagon with my 2002 LL bean and My wifes first new car is our 2001 Forester Prem. S. We do allot of driving in varied conditions and both cars have just passed the 80K mile mark and both have been flawless performers, well except the recent sunroof issue with the Forester. They have never let us down and though they have been known in the past as mountain cars, many people are discovering what a great quality car Subarus really are....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts