Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it was 5 hours since shutdown, the car was waking up to do its emissions pressure test.
That's why I woke up and caught it on camera, too.

But in all seriousness, it had been like 2.5 hours since I drove it.

• Haha
Reactions: ALSG and SilverOnyx

·
Registered
373 Posts
Interesting. That light isn't visible with the naked eye so it's likely all of them do it and no one has noticed. Why is anyone's guess but I bet there's an obscure geek in Japan somewhere that knows. Probably taking video of everything in and around the car, sucking up intel for the future when a hoard of true autonomous drones dropped by enemy aircraft swoop over the nation, assassinating those who "don't agree".

Or it's some quirk nobody can explain.

·
Registered
'22 OB Limited XT Abyss Blue
638 Posts
Interesting. That light isn't visible with the naked eye so it's likely all of them do it and no one has noticed. Why is anyone's guess but I bet there's an obscure geek in Japan somewhere that knows. Probably taking video of everything in and around the car, sucking up intel for the future when a hoard of true autonomous drones dropped by enemy aircraft swoop over the nation, assassinating those who "don't agree".

Or it's some quirk nobody can explain.
I'd heard that, but, I also heard because of supply chain issues and budget cutbacks, they ended up subcontracting the drone phase to a massive flock of seagulls.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lots of goofy answers here. This is not the Driver monitoring system. It is the vehicle security system. The red Lock symbol will flash once every few seconds when the vehicle is unlocked. It will flash twice every few seconds when the vehicle is locked. When the vehicle is first locked the light will flash continuously while the security system arms. I'm sure this is noted in the manual but I have no idea where that might be.
That's not the security light. You can see that one flashing separately. This is an IR camera so it's picking up the IR light from the driver focus camera. You can see it illuminating the entire drivers seat- it's way brighter than the security status light. It stays on for about a minute and then turns off. I was scrolling through the camera and it did it a few times.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That's not the security light. You can see that one flashing separately. This is an IR camera so it's picking up the IR light from the driver focus camera. You can see it illuminating the entire drivers seat- it's way brighter than the security status light. It stays on for about a minute and then turns off. I was scrolling through the camera and it did it a few times.
This. Look again, Ralph.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts