Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Touring, Wilderness Green Metallic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning!
We're going to be picking up our 2018 2.5i Touring this afternoon (yes, we're MORE than a little excited!) and I've been perusing the site a a couple of days (LOVE the "Ah, I didn't know it could do that" thread) and was wondering if there were any settings only the dealer can program in that are mandatory?
I've never had anything like a "dealer walk through/training" with our past vehicle. Is there anything you would recommend I should ask him about?
I'll be sure to post pictures of our new Wilderness Green Metallic baby soon!

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
1,107 Posts
Interesting. Can dealer really make this adjustment? Can one do it by themselves??
Some service writers will tell you no. Insist they speak to a Subaru master mechanic. Had mine done at the local Subaru dealership after I showed them the proof from this site.

To answer your second question, no. Only the diagnostic computer they have in the shop can make this adjustment.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,537 Posts
Reactions: huggy_d1

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,426 Posts
Seems there is a "rear wiper on" setting when in reverse that the dealer has to set. I had mine done. Helpful when raining :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts