Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really inconvenient to misspell something and not being able to right-click and correct spelling or to select some text and search from the right-click menu.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
What are you using to post? The right-click spell-check is usually a function of your browser. (not the website you are visiting)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Give Grammarly a try. Works well on my iMac, maybe too well. In fact, it just told me not to use good, but well and to put a comma after fact. :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Give Grammarly a try. Works well on my iMac, maybe too well. In fact, it just told me not to use good, but well and to put a comma after fact. :)
I've had better luck with that with older forums... seems like the firefox built in stuff isn't working well in this forum... probably a recent firefox problem. Good reminder on Grammarly - I should configure it again.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I'm using the Opera browser on a Win 10 machine and spell check works just fine. Misspelled words are underlined in red as expected and right click brings up the list of suggestions and the option to add the word to the dictionary.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The right click works wel for me. Firefox underlined the wel in the previous sentence and offers me several words to choose from when I right click on it. Is your Firefox up to date? I'm at 68.0.2 for 64 bit

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you using to post? The right-click spell-check is usually a function of your browser. (not the website you are visiting)
I am using Chrome but it is not an issue with spellcheck itself. I can't right click anywhere on the reply box. I am not sure it is just me or if any one else is having the same issue.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I "missspelled" misspell and it shows with red squiggly underline - I can right-click and choose from several alternate spellings. Using Brave browser (which is a Chrome base browser).

·
Administrator
949 Posts
I am using Chrome but it is not an issue with spellcheck itself. I can't right click anywhere on the reply box. I am not sure it is just me or if any one else is having the same issue.
This would be a browser-based function. I do happen to use Chrome but I also use Grammarly.

- Cricket

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never mind, I cleaned out the browser cache, cookies and re-synced everything back from Google. It works as it should now. Thanks for the comments everyone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts