Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first post here! I am a proud new owner of a used 2015 Outback 3.6R. Unfortunately I just discovered the reflector inside the fog light enclosure seems to have fallen off. Is there any way I can get inside the enclosure to reattach it? Also what tools do you folks recommend I get for taking off the plastic rivets and trim? I tried going at it with a screwdriver and crowbar but quickly realized I’ll need something better if I don’t want to scratch everything up. I was looking at a set of Bojo trim tools, but I’m not sure if its worth it compared to the cheap sets of trim tools I found on Amazon.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Automotive design

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
92 Posts
The fogs lenses are sealed similar to headlights and can be separated using similar methods (baking or heat gun). Buy a cheap trim tool set and they usually come with a couple metal tools for plastic pop rivets. I use the c shaped one but you can do it with a small flat head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,549 Posts
Here's the relevant section from the FSM. Maybe getting it on the bench will help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
4,193 Posts
My guess is that's not easily repairable - looks like it may have cracked off. You can probably get one off a salvage pretty cheap, check car-part.com or similar (eBay is also good but can be a bit overpriced). Part numbers appear to be:
84501AJ10A (Left)
84501AJ09A (Right)

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,023 Posts
Arewhat,

What part of the country are you in?

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
882 Posts
My guess is that's not easily repairable - looks like it may have cracked off. You can probably get one off a salvage pretty cheap, check car-part.com or similar (eBay is also good but can be a bit overpriced). Part numbers appear to be:
84501AJ10A (Left)
84501AJ09A (Right)
LKQ Parts is a good place from which you can order used/salvaged parts. They guarantee them to work (if you get the correct part).

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Arewhat,

What part of the country are you in?
I’m in Northern CA. As far as I can tell it should be pretty easy to get in there and screw the piece back in place. I see the screw is in there and I can see where if fell of from. I don’t think anything cracked…

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,023 Posts
Let me make it easier for you. I just replaced my fog lights with those from Diode Dynamics so I have a very good, like new, complete fog light housing.

There was nothing wrong with the OEM lights or housing and I just wanted switch to LED fogs.

PM me your address and I'll send it to you. It's the driver's side, right?

The cost? Just pay it forward to another Subie owner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts