Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the battery in the keyfob and the silver button won't depress to get the key out.

Battery lasted 18 months and now is essentially dead. I have not approached the dealer.

Looks pretty tightly together.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,509 Posts
It's possible that something sugary is sticking the button. Push harder?

If you watch the video you might be able to pry around it but it really should come right out.

But that button should function. It's just a slide on a spring.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's possible that something sugary is sticking the button. Push harder?

If you watch the video you might be able to pry around it but it really should come right out.

But that button should function. It's just a slide on a spring.
It's clean as it can be. Tried pressing down with fingernail, end of a small phillips screwdriver. No moving in any way.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
12,509 Posts
It's clean as it can be. Tried pressing down with fingernail, end of a small phillips screwdriver. No moving in any way.
Hmmm.

I took mine out and couldn't see a way for it to get stuck.

You should be able to pry it open without taking the key out but I'm not sure how to get to that point.

I worry if you force any of it it will break.

How hard are you pressing with the screwdriver? That would be a good idea that you've already tried.

Switch to the other fob? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need to replace the battery in the keyfob and the silver button won't depress to get the key out.

Battery lasted 18 months and now is essentially dead. I have not approached the dealer.

Looks pretty tightly together.

Were you able to free the key from the FOB? What did you end up doing?

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts