Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from anyone who's added an oil pressure gauge to their Outback.

I hope to find an an easy way to adapt the stock pressure switch location without screwing together all kinds of fittings. Also, I haven't found any A-pillar gauge pods for the Outback, anyone know if pods for other Subaru models will work?

rob

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I have. An Autometer Pro Comp electrical. Remember now, MY02 2.5, I tapped into the oil gallery on the top of the engine under/near the throttle body. There is a plug there with an allen hex insert to unscrew it. Subaru makes an adapter that goes right in that hole and is threaded on the inside for the sender's threads.
That's what I did, quite easy after all the research to do it. You have to know the thread type/size of the sender and screw them together. Works great.

Subaruwrxparts.com

It's called 'oil gallery plug' and it's at the end of the page listed above.

Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Outstanding Brian, just what I needed, thanks! I have an '04 2.5 so I imagine the setup is the same. I'll take a look when my wife gets home with the car tonight.

Where did you mount your gauge?

rob

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I have an OBS, so I used the Subaru center gauge pod with three gauges. It's an option with the WRX for the gauge pack. I bought the factory empty housing, a faceplate and did it myself. I built mine for cheaper, with better gauges. Maybe one of these years I'll take pics of things like that to share on the web! Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, Brian your gauge pod looks really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Mericet
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing