Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just test drove the Outback and loved all the features of the SAP package, but NOT the saddle brown leather that you HAVE to get with the package. Has anyone heard a way around this? I like black leather. Just annoyed since I basically knew what I wanted and then couldn't get it.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
Saddle brown, in my opinion, looks very nice. I have it with black pearl combo. My neighbor has BMW 5-series with the same leather/color except his does not have pinched little holes, like mine, that are there probably to prevent sweating (I think). Since those Beemers are also assembled here in North Carolina, I suspect the saddle brown leather is supplied by the same vendor.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like the saddle brown leather but I think it looks terrible with the black door panels and dash. They need to at least match the panels to the seats IMO. Just sayin...

·
Registered
836 Posts
I hear ya.....

I also just test drove the LIM OB SAP package. Annoying enough was that I couldnt find one dealer (out of like 7 or 8 within 40 or so miles) near me that had both a black and a brown SAP car.
Anyway, I generally like black and NEVER thought Id like brown in or out - but after seeing both these (black and brown SAP), I thought the brown leather looks very strange in the black car - esp cause of the interior black trim (as mentioned above).

Im torn still as I still may get the black SAP, but I actually thought the brown leather looked really good in the BROWN car - and the Brown car for that matter is nice - as its a very dark brown. Again - I NEVER thought Id consider a brown car before.

jogosub - you have the car I want. ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm bummed that Saddle Brown wasn't an option in 2011, I think its amazing. I have the light colored leather seats if you buy an SAP model and want to switch!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm bummed that it only comes in three exterior colors. Dark colors are not for me, not because they do not look nice when they are clean, but because I cannot maintain them. Thus, black and brown are out. I can live with the white color, but it is not really in my top three colors either. For all that extra money, they should offer more choices of exterior colors. Do they worry that the grey accents or the saddle brown leather do not work with the other colors?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
For all that extra money, they should offer more choices of exterior colors. Do they worry that the grey accents or the saddle brown leather do not work with the other colors?
It makes them roll out an upscale configuration, along with other parts/accs, at lower initial cost/production.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No. I am not bothered by this. If we choose to buy an Outback, I would like to have SAP with Eyesight. But I'm not "bummed." I simply have to make a choice one way or the other, because Subaru doesn't offer that combination of features. Then I move on.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
Saddle Brown

This is my first black car - I never owned a black car - living in L.A. most of my life, black was never popular in my times... neither was white for that matter. Most of the time I owned greens ... my Subaru Forester (2005) was green with beige interior - I loved that car - until my son inherited it...actually took it away from me because his Jeep Grand Cherokee fell apart....

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm just stoked they tightened up the suspension, added push button start, and have a dark interior with something other than black leather.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I got the SAP because of the beautiful brown leather!

Also, on the "Build Your Own" Subaru site, you can specify the Eyesight system with a black exterior.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
No but I am bummed that you can only get SAP in white brown and black. White is the only color I could tolerate but should be available in all colors

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got a white with a saddle brown and love it. One of my first cars was an old white TBird with a dark brown leather interior and the Subaru brought back a lot of good memories of a misspent youth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
19 Participants
fleuger99
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing