Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited Cool Grey Khaki
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are running to the dealer on the last day of 2019 with hopes of scoring a great deal??

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You never know. Lol. I wish you luck!
Rumor has it that is when to score the best deal!

·
Registered
2019 OUTBACK 2.5 TOURING
72 Posts
As a retired 40 year new car dealer...I would advise you to day drink instead getting ready for New Year's Eve.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,490 Posts
If you need a car get a car.

Having worked in sales myself for 7 years I know there is some truth to the "last day to pad their numbers" but it's nothing like it's made out to be.

There is always a sale. There is always special financing and there is always a special one day/week/month only offer.

It's sales. Anytime someone walks it's assumed they buy elsewhere. ABC Always be closing. All that.

Waiting a month and a half to save <1% (at most) off the purchase price doesn't seem worth it.

The only real exception I can think of are the bargain hunter types who really just want the bragging rights of saying they got the best deal and spend weeks or months going to every place in town before committing.

I guess if that's your thing have at it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R Crystal White Pearl/black interior
339 Posts
I would say, you better start planning at least two weeks prior or you might end up at a dealer who tries to make a huge profit on every sale.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone that has commented has assumed that I plan to run to the dealer on that day to score. FYI I won’t be. I was just wondering if anyone believed this rumor to be true.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Everyone that has commented has assumed that I plan to run to the dealer on that day to score. FYI I won’t be. I was just wondering if anyone believed this rumor to be true.
answer to the thread title and subject is still nope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts