Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new-to-me 2006 Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT. I like quite a bit about this car. One thing I don't is the cramped space for my feet when I'm driving. The toes on my left foot are pushed up against the underside of the dash in certain positions. Has anyone struggled with the same issue? I've not looked closely, but can that panel be removed without it looking ridiculous?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm 11 in dress shoes/12 in running and I have the same problem. I pulled out the all-weather mat on the driver's side and replaced with OEM carpet and it helped a little.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Never driven a Viper eh? You'd have to take off your shoes! I have size 13 and some cars have given me problems.

The panel under the dash can be removed without much problem, it is just a sound control device. The OBD-II port mounts to it though, but it can hang there or you could zip tie it up out of the way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, that sounds perfect as my other big complaint about this car is the silly low gearing and the noise it makes on the highway. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

·
Premium Member
2006 OBXT 5eat Newport Blue & 1997 SVX LSi Black Pearl
24 Posts
Must have really long legs.
My problem is the opposite - short legs and long arms.
I was hugging the steering wheel until I added 2" hard rubber blocks to the pedals and footrest. Now I can sit back comfortably and just drive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, that sounds perfect as my other big complaint about this car is the silly low gearing and the noise it makes on the highway. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.
I was thinking it was a little tall on the gearing. 3k at 80, 27 mph/1k. IIRC LGT is like 22 mph/1K...

·
Registered
32 Posts
So.... as luck would have it, I was doing this fog light mod today and decided to leave the lower panel off. You have to zip tie the OBD port up but other than that it's a painless mod. There's maybe a hint more noise coming in without that panel, but my toes are happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts