Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'15 OB 3.6 Limited - Tungsten Metallic
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fit OEM 18 inch wheels w/ Yokohama Geolander A/T G015?

I know these tires run a bit wider and heavier than the original Bridgestone Duelers (specs attached). Could anyone comment on their experience on/off road. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
Several here have done it with no issues.

I'm still on original tires but the Geos are on my list of potential next tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,115 Posts
I wish Cooper made the AT3 in the 225/60-18". Both moderately aggressive and high mileage rated.

·
Registered
2016 subaru outback 3.6r, 2011 Subaru ForesterXt
232 Posts
Anyone fit OEM 18 inch wheels w/ Yokohama Geolander A/T G015?

I know these tires run a bit wider and heavier than the original Bridgestone Duelers (specs attached). Could anyone comment on their experience on/off road. Thanks!
I have that tire on my Outback but had to go down to a 17 inch wheel with a 35mm offset. The trick is to move the tire out away from the strut. Although the tire sits very close to the plastic wheel well trim, it does not rub. After doing so, the Outback was much better around curves and it gives you another 1/2 inch of ground clearance, just enough to keep beach sand ruts from banging on your skid plate.
I will probably buy another set because they are a nice blend on the highway, sand and mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
the price difference in 18s vs 17s will make up for a nice set of motegis over two sets of tires.

MR118s are only about a hundred bucks a wheel. You'll spend 400.00 less on 17" vs 18" tires over two sets.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited Carbide Gray
12 Posts
the price difference in 18s vs 17s will make up for a nice set of motegis over two sets of tires.

MR118s are only about a hundred bucks a wheel. You'll spend 400.00 less on 17" vs 18" tires over two sets.
I'm not sure where you are finding your prices but currently the 18" G015 is only $16 more per tire so a difference of $64+tax per set. Personally I wanted 17s but new wheels weren't in the budget. I do like those Motegis for the price though!

I have the G015 in 235/60/18 and absolutely love them over the stock tires. With the mild upsize there are no fitment issues. They are still quiet, handle well in snow, ice, sand, and gravel. I have about 19,000 miles on them and still look very new and are still nice and quiet. They will take the Subaru anywhere you need to go. There are many others who have commented in the tires and wheels proven to fit thread.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 2.5
234 Posts
Yes but the street yk740’s Handles much better!!!
bridgestone dualers suck!!

20MM rear Swaybar, Yokohama YK740 GTX 235/60-R18, Perrin Steering Lockdown

1 - 12 of 12 Posts