Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that the doors in my 2008 rattle with any significant amount of bass. I cut wood dowels to the depth of the door pocket and put cork on each end of them and wedged them in hoping the pressure would keep the door from rattling. It helped a bit (certainly not 100%), but I'd like a more transparent approach. I also added the factory sub which let me take some bass away from the door speakers, but I can't take away enough to eliminate the rattles completely with it either. I found one member did this: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...ob-limited-harmon-kardon-sounds-terrible.html

It refers to the 2009 H/K System and I have the SRS-WOW system but the doors and speaker locations are the same, of course.

Looks like it's worth a shot. I'm pretty sure it's just my front doors that rattle.

I'm sure others have experienced this. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 Outback Ltd.
205 Posts
Have you tried Dynamat? It might or might not work, depending on whats causing the rattling in your doors.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried Dynamat? It might or might not work, depending on whats causing the rattling in your doors.
I haven't. I heard roof repair tape is essentially the same thing as Dynamat but cheaper. Not sure what the best approach is. Seems like it's worst in cold weather.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts