Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing holding me back from ordering my car is my color conflict. I really want the deep indigo pearl, but am worried about how well the eyesight will function with it since the color is so close to black. (SOA is not offering eyesight with black because of potential heat problems. ) Is there anyone out there who's driving the indigo and eyesight?

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Go see post #158 in the what did you pay for your 2012 or 2013 Outback. That is someone who has EyeSight with that color...

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited Indigo Pearl with Moonroof/Nav/Eyesight
9 Posts
I've only had my car for 4 days but have not yet had any problems. I live in NC. This past weekend I drove to the beach where it was nearly 90 degrees out. Had my car parked in the sun for about 30 minutes ... never had issues with the eyesight going out. My brother held his hand in front of the camera for a few seconds to see if it would respond and I did get a message about eyesight not functioning. A second after he removed his hand though, the eyesight was back to normal function. I'll keep you updated and let you know if I have any issues. I absolutely LOVE the indigo color!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only had my car for 4 days but have not yet had any problems. I live in NC. This past weekend I drove to the beach where it was nearly 90 degrees out. Had my car parked in the sun for about 30 minutes ... never had issues with the eyesight going out. My brother held his hand in front of the camera for a few seconds to see if it would respond and I did get a message about eyesight not functioning. A second after he removed his hand though, the eyesight was back to normal function. I'll keep you updated and let you know if I have any issues. I absolutely LOVE the indigo color!!
Thanks. That's very good news! I'm in CT and have been to NC many times. We've got heat up here, but you've got REAL HEAT. ;-))

Keep me posted.

BTW.... How long did you have to wait for your Outback?

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
The only thing holding me back from ordering my car is my color conflict. I really want the deep indigo pearl, but am worried about how well the eyesight will function with it since the color is so close to black. (SOA is not offering eyesight with black because of potential heat problems. ) Is there anyone out there who's driving the indigo and eyesight?
Is Subaru went to the trouble to figure out that eyesight has issues with black paint do you really think they didn't test all their colors?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Subaru went to the trouble to figure out that eyesight has issues with black paint do you really think they didn't test all their colors?

As you know, car accessories/options and cars themselves are not perfect. That's why there are people complaining to SOA, as well as other manufacturers, and recalls. If I'm spending 30K + why not do the best to make sure I'm making the right choice based on facts and my preferences.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited Indigo Pearl with Moonroof/Nav/Eyesight
9 Posts
Thanks. That's very good news! I'm in CT and have been to NC many times. We've got heat up here, but you've got REAL HEAT. ;-))

Keep me posted.

BTW.... How long did you have to wait for your Outback?

Found the one I wanted at a dealer about 130 miles from my house. Got a great e-price quote so I drove down a few days later to get it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts