Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 outback 2.5 prem
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase nokian wgr2 but they are hard to find in my area. If something were to happan to that tire and we are away from home the likely hood of someone having that tire in stok is slim to none. So maybe the goodyear TT is the next "best" tire. I am researching the current model. I have the first model on our other car, i have been happy with them.

·
Registered
'06 LOB, '03 Taco, '97 MX-5
785 Posts
We're on our second set. First was not loud until later in life (60000 miles or so).
New ones have a slightly different tread pattern. With 20000 miles now, I would not say they're noisy.
They're also very good on our 2wd Tacoma. Surprisingly good grip even in dry.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
355 Posts
I just bought a set last summer. I am very happy with the treadwear this far, and overall extremely happy with the purchase thus far. I don't find them any noisier than what I had before (Michellin something).

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
I'm running a set with ~20k miles so far on them, great handling in both dry, wet and snowy weather. It's a decent tire overall.

·
Registered
11' Outback 2.5i CVT Limited
216 Posts
had them on civic 5 or so years ago. Loud as **** but relatively good in light snow for what they are. Don't believe in one do it all type product so this tires will never even be considered. Not real winter tires and too agressive for the rest of the year

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
My father has them on his '98 Limited. In my opinion, they're no good in snow (he tried them for a while and ended up going for snow tires). Honestly, I don't really think they have much of an advantage over any other all season in the winter. I haven't really driven it enough in the spring/summer/fall to know how it does there.

Ever consider the Geolandar A/T-S? It's a different breed of tire but is definitely better in the snow than the TripleTreads (though not as good as the Nokians). It's also quite quiet for the type of tire it is.

·
Registered
'05 OBXT
453 Posts
After many miles of bliss mine are closing in on done. They still look great and appear to have plenty of tread, but where I used to enthusiastically bash puddles and push the car hard in wet turns it now creeps me out.

It's know that tires change compound as you wear through them. I'd say the good stuff is gone on my set. I'll have to double check but I think I'm around 50-55k miles on this set.

I don't know how much my prorated warranty will get me, but I'm going to take them in and see what they offer. Not for a moment did I think they were actually going to make 80k miles on an AWD car that gets used.

I might be going geolander next time for better work in the goo.

In all I've been very pleased with the TT tires and would not hesitate to recommend them.

·
Registered
2003 OB 2.5L AT
66 Posts
The GY TT, up to now are the best tires I have on my 96 OB and 98 Forester. I drive normally, no spirited driving, it gets me moving on packed ice on parking lots, whereas the OE, (Marshmallow Puff Man) on the Outback would slip occasionally, then AWD kicks in to get moving. 35K miles on the OB with still significant thread. They are directional tires, on my next set, I will have a tire shop remount them for the other side to balance out the wear at 30K. I think they can go 55-60K with regular rotation.

I just bought a Gen II outback, will be putting them next time.

·
Registered
Car: 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT, Sold: 2005 XT Limited
2,926 Posts
I have 50k on my set and I'll get 60-65k. Not the 80k they are warranted for, but outbacks are tough on tires. They have worn well and evenly, even without remounting to switch sides. They are a bit loud and am looking at Defender or Cont Procontact as the next set in the spring when I switch out my winter tires to summer. I think there ice stopping is poor, and recommend separate snow tires (Michelin Xice 2 or 3) for anyone that gets some amount of snow.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts