Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Silver 3.6R Premium
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Just for the record I did a search before posting.)

Recently my 2010 (34K miles) developed a new issue. When I'm travelling at a steady speed the car will suddenly jerk, almost like a missed shift. It's done it a few times now. I can't really pinpoint the problem, but most likely a transmission issue rather than an engine one.

The odd thing is that it occurs at highway speeds when the trans is in 5th gear and not in accelerating/decelerating when it would be shifting.

Any ideas or advice before taking it in? Transmission or some other issue entirely?

Thanks

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
agreed - sounds like a misfire.

any check engine lights ever?

if/once you get an engine code - check engine light - have it read immediately to narrow it down to which cylinder (or if it's something else). places like advance auto parts and many national chains read the codes for free, or pay Subaru $80 to read it.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R
510 Posts
Get a Scan Gauge they are cheap and will give you codes while still under way when it happens. The car may still be under warranty. What does the dealer have to say? I would be looking at the drive system. May be something in the AWD system. Are all the tires the same size and wear?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,618 Posts
any correlation with recent work done? new tires or a wreck or mods?

any correlation with cool temps or humid/rainy conditions?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,069 Posts
Powertrain issue, less than 5 years old, less than 60,000 miles. Let Subaru deal with it, it shouldn't cost a dime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts