Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here had good success with installing Kartboy Endlinks on a 2010-2013 Outback?

I ordered some and have some questions and issues I'm not yet getting a clear response about.

First off, the front stock endlinks on my 2013 use mounting bolts that are quite a bit larger in diameter than those the Kartboys use. This means the mounting holes on my car are oversized for the Kartboys, and they would slide and slop around the mounts. Only suggestion I've heard is tighten them more, which to me seems hokey, as it appears they will pivot a bit around the bolt as the suspension moves. Will I need collar of some sort in the mounting holes?

Other issues/questions include:

1) I was told to mount the endlinks as vertical as possible. However, the stock endlinks are angled - as are their mounts - particularly in the front. Should I replicate the stock angle, or try to mount it more vertically - even though it would put a lot more angular stress on the Kartboy bushings.?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone here had good success with installing Kartboy Endlinks on a 2010-2013 Outback?

I ordered some and have some questions and issues I'm not yet getting a clear response about.

First off, the front stock endlinks on my 2013 use mounting bolts that are quite a bit larger in diameter than those the Kartboys use. This means the mounting holes on my car are oversized for the Kartboys, and they would slide and slop around the mounts. Only suggestion I've heard is tighten them more, which to me seems hokey, as it appears they will pivot a bit around the bolt as the suspension moves. Will I need collar of some sort in the mounting holes?

Other issues/questions include:

1) I was told to mount the endlinks as vertical as possible. However, the stock endlinks are angled - as are their mounts - particularly in the front. Should I replicate the stock angle, or try to mount it more vertically - even though it would put a lot more angular stress on the Kartboy bushings.?
Giving this a bump. Looking at this upgrade and have similar questions. Some other threads out there on this but they leave me more confused.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simply put, Kartboy does not make an endlink to fit the newer 12mm bolts in the 2013 Outback. I noticed the new Forester seems to have them as well. Not sure about the Legacy. So, that saves us the fuss of finding out at this point.

I would still like to upgrade the fronts, if anyone knows of a 12mm mount endlink.

I did mount the rear endlinks near perfect vertical without any problems arising.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts