Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want a 3.0R badge for my 2008, since there's nothing on the exterior showing that it has something more than the wimpy N/A H4 under the hood.

Looks like it's all individual letters and numbers. Is it just adhesive or are there little holes for each one?

I think I'd attempt to move the L.L. Bean Edition badge over so it's under "Subaru" and I'd put the 3.0R Badge under Outback.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is held on by foam mounting tape. If you buy a new one it will come with a mounting template to space it properly in the stock location and the letters will be perfectly aligned.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Doesn't the LL Bean imply the H6?

Personally, I'm completely de-badged. Even the Subaru is off. Stealth is where it's at. And it's not like chicks are going to swoon at the stoplights with a 3.0R badge anyway...

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is held on by foam mounting tape. If you buy a new one it will come with a mounting template to space it properly in the stock location and the letters will be perfectly aligned.
Great, thanks!

Doesn't the LL Bean imply the H6?

Personally, I'm completely de-badged. Even the Subaru is off. Stealth is where it's at. And it's not like chicks are going to swoon at the stoplights with a 3.0R badge anyway...
Not necessarily. For 2008 (possibly a few other years as well) there was a 2.5 L.L. Bean. I want a 3.0R badge for the rarity aspect. There are very few H6 3rd Gens around, so anyone who knows much of anything about Subarus will see it and at least know what it means. I wouldn't have bought a 2.5...the 3.0 is a whole different animal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I de-badged my GT and was thinking about it. Someone "borrowed" my L.L. Bean emblem and I can't find another one.

Is the Subaru and the outback both taped on or is the Subaru pinned?

Who has de-badged completely?

Peace,

Greg

·
Registered
2006 2.5i
95 Posts
If it's anything like my 2.5i it's just tape. All my badges were super easy to take off. Bought some Goo Gone, applied it very liberally around the badges with a Q tip, let it sit for about a half hour, and everything came off like butter with some fishing line.

·
Registered
304 Posts
LL Bean can be a 2.5 also I have seen one here where I live. LL bean is just an interior upgrade. Also so many have the dual exhaust so that would not show any difference. Only way would try to find a 3.0 from another car maker and use that one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I de-badged my GT and was thinking about it. Someone "borrowed" my L.L. Bean emblem and I can't find another one.

Is the Subaru and the outback both taped on or is the Subaru pinned?

Who has de-badged completely?

Peace,

Greg
I'm completely naked. No pins, all goo.

·
Premium Member
2008 3.0R L.L. Bean (Brownie), 2006 Forester X Premium (Frankie), 1999 Forester L (Walter), 1995 Legacy Outback (Old Blue)
235 Posts
An old thread, but I did just buy the "Outback 3.0R" badge. I didn't remove the LL Bean badge, but rather put the 3.0R section under the Subaru badge. BTW, it's not 2 sections, but rather individual letters taped to a foam form. I cut the form straight across the top and bottom of the Outback section to use it as a guide to put the 3.0R underneath the Subaru.

You can't tell that the factory didn't put it there.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts