Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
01 Outback 3.0
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 LLB with the premium wheels (see image).
Way back when I had a 93 Legacy wagon with steelies, I saw how good the Forester alloys looked on another 1st gen Legacy. When a friend's Forester was gifted to a charity after a blown HG, I went over to see if I liked them enough to pursue a set later on. Seems like they are about the same weight though, which negates any real advantages. Can anyone confirm?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,222 Posts
I would think subaru between all those 16" alloy wheel types keeps them very close.

if you had a bathroom scale when you were taking the pic,...you could tell everyone your findings. (given that the tires would be different too).

beware forsester tires can different. like 205 vs. legacy outback 225.

so just tossing a a set of 4 on will change the way your car rides. (and I would not ride anywhere mix and match like you got in the pic).

·
Registered
01 Outback 3.0
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, the car never moved. And the Forester wheel/tire combo was heavier by a bit, but my OB has very well worn Michelins, which are a very light tire and the Forester had bottom-barrel cheapest Chinese tires that were available, so I am certain they had a whole bunch extra rubber and steel to compensate for technological inferiority. It was never my intention to do a swap. At least not those tires. Its a shame those Forester wheels had to go to waste though. I saw a set on a 1st gen OB in white today and they look great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts