Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends. I'm hoping you all can help me out! There is one lone wire that is not hooked up in my engine bay. Attached are two pics of it and another showing where it is in the engine bay. It's not a long wire and it is attached / banded to another wire going into the components on the left side of the bay.

PS -- I'm new here! Hopefully my post isn't filled with faux pas.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure exactly if its that, unless the plug is different for the 3.0s. forgot to mention mine is a 2.5. this doesnt seem to have anything to plug in to, or at least as far as i can tell. its single wire and tiny. looks like itd clip into one small place. changed the air filter and pcv valve the other day, so maybe i took it off something after taking some things apart for accessibility and forgot.

BUT the fact that its banded together with another wire and without enough slack to connect to anything outside of 4-5 inches away makes me think that maybe its superfluous. any additional thoughts are appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll try to post better pics tomorrow, but in the interim -- if anyone has an 03 outback 2.5, could you please check to see if there is a place for this wire in your engine bay? its near and below the AC pressure switch

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
16,482 Posts
FYI - Subaru and other manufacturers use the same harness throughout a production model and you will find dead end plugs occasionally.

It is good that you are paying attention to your car.

·
Premium Member
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
1,150 Posts
Yep. Alarm horn. It either didn't come with it, or it's been removed over the years (I removed ours, the friggen security system doesn't need an EXTRA horn to wake up the neighbors).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts