Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about reseting ECM software to correct the monitoring parameters within the OBDII system for the engine coolant thermostat.
:(Also for the California Subaru owners and some other states dealers will perform some emission ajustment prior your vehicle registration renewal. Upon completion of this campaign the dealer will issue you a "Proof of Correction Certificate" Just wondering why Subaru did not have this certificate before send all the vehicles to dealership.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
New cars need to have their computers reflashed all the time to fix little bugs or correct things. Nothing new.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Its about reseting ECM software to correct the monitoring parameters within the OBDII system for the engine coolant thermostat.
:(Also for the California Subaru owners and some other states dealers will perform some emission ajustment prior your vehicle registration renewal. Upon completion of this campaign the dealer will issue you a "Proof of Correction Certificate" Just wondering why Subaru did not have this certificate before send all the vehicle to dealreship.
I see you have a 3.6R, so this is likely something specific to that engine alone and not the 2.5i model let alone the PZEV.

·
Registered
2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see you have a 3.6R, so this is likely something specific to that engine alone and not the 2.5i model let alone the PZEV.
I guess so, the letter did not mention any type of engine.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,312 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
It's NOT 3.6-specific (I have a 2011 2.5 and got a notification).
Correct. I just had it done this AM on my 2011 2.5i PZEV. Absolutely
no difference at all in driving characteristics. Reprogramed the ECU
to correct a bug in the CEL's response to low coolant temperature.

If your engine is working as designed, you won't see anything change.

Looby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts