Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with all the bugs people are experiencing with the 2018's new infotainment system. I was wondering if anyone has replaced it yet with an aftermarket one??

I was looking at Crutchfield and according to their website they have install kits that will retain the OEM back-up camera, steering wheel controls, and the AMP for HK systems. Looks like it uses a kit from iDatalink, as well as having a bezel piece for a new head unit to fit into the dash.

Now I would assume with an aftermarket unit you'd loose the reverse braking indicators and back-up range markers. But that the system would continue to operate normally, as in stop you if you were to back into something and beep at you. So along with retaining the OEM back-up cam, folks should be fine replacing the stock infotainment system.

Just my thoughts as I was surfing around and saw Crutchfield says they have kits and aftermarket stereos for the 2018 Outback. So figured I'd ask if anyone has replaced theirs yet?

·
Registered
2018 Limited
112 Posts
Reviving this somewhat zombie thread. I’m having the factory head unit black screen of death and waiting for a replacement. Thinking about going aftermarket but according to the idatalink maestro page it’s not available for 2018 yet. I sent them a message and they said they do plan on releasing 2018, but “not soon” - their words exactly.

Wondering if anyone has had luck with the 2017 module? Assuming it’s not fully interfaced yet with steering wheel controls or other advanced options since they’re not advertising it for 2018.

Would love to hear your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts