Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 24k miles on the original equipment Dueller tires on my 17 OB. They are pretty much done. Horrible tire but I will hold that complaint.

I am looking to put a set of Conti Pure Contact tires on my OB sled and wanted to hear some feedback from anyone running them. I had them on a BMW 3 series and there were something special with the X drive. Anyone sporting these tires on their OB?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Touring
1,413 Posts
I had them on my '13 OB. They were great.
Can't wait to wear out the Duelers that are on my '17. They are not good in the winter.
The Conti's were.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I run them (put winter wheels with WS80's a week ago) on our 08 Impreza OBS in original 205/50R17 size; excellent tires. I also run staggered 225/45R17 and 245/40R17's DWS06's on a Z3 and 328CI. The DWS06's if available for the OB are exceptional tires as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome Sauce! Happy to hear this as that's the route I'm going. I was happy with them on a different vehicle I'm expecting the same on the 17 OB.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5 Limited (01/11/2017 Purchased)
10 Posts
I am at 24k miles on the original equipment Dueller tires on my 17 OB. They are pretty much done. Horrible tire but I will hold that complaint.

I am looking to put a set of Conti Pure Contact tires on my OB sled and wanted to hear some feedback from anyone running them. I had them on a BMW 3 series and there were something special with the X drive. Anyone sporting these tires on their OB?

Thanks.
Sorry I can't offer feedback, but I'm having a set installed on my 2016 Outback 2.5 Limited on January 8th.

I wanted a tire with a UTQG greater than or equal to 700 and after careful consideration, I chose the Pure Contact.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
I have a set on Gen3 and I hate them. Hard as sh*t on road seams. Mine are the eco compound. 800 TW. They also sing when you push them. I got a careless driving ticket just cause they were squealing and got the cops attention.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Bought my 2008 used with them on there and love them. they have DWS imprinted on them for D=dry, W=wet, and S=snow. My "S" has been worn off, so they are not rated for snow any more. And before the purist start their rant, I know all season tires ARE NOT SNOW TIRES and will NEVER be "rated" for snow, these indicators are there to serve a purpose. I'm getting new tires soon and will likely get another set of Conti's.

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6R Limited
26 Posts
I had a set put on prior to taking delivery of my 2018 3.6 Outback. The dealer gave me $114 credit per tire for the dualers. I am happy with the ride although I would have preferred the extreme contacts had they made them in the stock size however Continental does not manufacture them. The grip in dry and wet conditions is more than acceptable for an all-season tire and they are quiet. I will be running winter tires so winter traction was not a concern. I have had none of the flat spotting in cold conditions that reviewers post on tire rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts