Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially was set on a autumn green onyx xt from the Subaru sites pics. But I saw a wilderness green 19 on the lot and wasn’t in love. The salesman said the 20 will be the same color even with the name change. Anyone see them together? My next pick was the white but it’s a pearl white. Not sure I’ll love that either. Uggg. I’ve seen way too many autumn green pics that look very different. I guess in the end only way I can make up my mind is seeing it in person. But wondering your thoughts from those that have seen the autumn green. I thought it was going to be a more military’esque green. Not kinda a grassy green.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm curious if the paints are still the same - you know - like if a bird simply thinks about crapping on your car, the paint will etch in anticipation of the event.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you go to some of the YouTube reviews, if I remember some were grey and some were the new green. There are a dozen or more 2020 Subaru reviews of all models....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you go to some of the YouTube reviews, if I remember some were grey and some were the new green. There are a dozen or more 2020 Subaru reviews of all models....
I’ve scoured every source including YouTube vids. Looks different a lot of the time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that. Seems to me it is a different and more palatable green. Well in my opinion anyway. I might be back on the autumn green bandwagon. Can’t wait to see one in person

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for that. Seems to me it is a different and more palatable green. Well in my opinion anyway. I might be back on the autumn green bandwagon. Can’t wait to see one in person
It looks nice but I think I am going to stick to the grey. Here are a couple of quick backview pics of the 2020 Outback I took today, it will give you an idea what to expect.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Green for me. I have some green hiking boots that look just like this car. If your shoes don't match your car, you're not doing it right. :LOL:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wish they had a nice, dark Forest Green. Subaru seems to have a Mucous green fetish (any color of green that could be the color of nose sludge!). Who wants to drive around looking like your car has just been slimed by the Michelin man's giant toddler with a cold or could be superhero Boogerman's next ride... ;) Don't even get me started on the loose stool brown color! (Cinnamon, my a*s! Literally).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not sure whether the front and rear body cladding is excessive. In the video it looks like it pretty much overwhelms the nice lines of the car. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure whether the front and rear body cladding is excessive. In the video it looks like it pretty much overwhelms the nice lines of the car. Thoughts anyone?
I actually like it. Those are also the body parts most likely to be damaged. I like the idea of replacing them if needed due to an accident without having to have them painted. As someone else mentioned, that area is also where a lot of your chips in your paint show up. I think all around it's a good move and I actually like the look. Of course, I'm looking at the Onyx so the black blends more with the grill, mirrors, and wheels over the other trims.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I actually like it. Those are also the body parts most likely to be damaged. I like the idea of replacing them if needed do to an accident without having to have them painted. As someone else mentioned, that area is also where a lot of your chips in your paint show up. I think all around it's a good move and I actually like the look. Of course, I'm looking at the Onyx so the black blends more with the grill, mirrors, and wheels over the other trims.
The front and rear are part of those bumper panels, and they don’t come painted...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
About this Discussion
73 Replies
28 Participants
ErikElvis
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing