Subaru Outback Forums banner

Anyone Use BlueDriver or FIXD?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  nolimeplease 
#1 ·
While I'm not having any issues with my 2015 Outback, I ordered the BlueDriver, because I wanted to have it handy, for when the day comes I need something to let me know what's going on with my car.
I also got a FIXD reader, because it was on sale, but haven't signed up for the monthly service.
The FIXD reader, seems to work well, but I liked what I read, about the BlueDriver, that it has more features than FIXD, so I ordered it too, LOL!
Anyway, when I got the BlueDriver the other day, I had it do a full scan, and it triggered an SRS airbag warning!
It freaked me out, so I let it finish, then restarted the car.
Thankfully, the code cleared, so I thought I'd try it again, same thing!
I contacted them via email and phone, and have yet to hear back from them.
I'm scared to death, to use it again, because I don't want the airbags exploding in my face, or risk the thing messing up my dang car!
Anyone had something like this happen with the BlueDriver? Thankfully, I purchased it from Amazon, so if I don't hear anything back from them next week, I'll be returning it, because there's no way I'm risking my car over it.
So far, the FIXD device seems to be working OK.

See less See more
#2 ·
Some scan tools or Bluetooth OBD2 connectors disrupt communication over the ground circuit and this will cause diseuptions while the device is connected. As long as the Air Bag light is on, it's disabled and will not deploy anything.

Blue Driver works great and will also record and save data in csv format. Which works great to upload data logs to this forum when you need extra eyes on the data to decipher it. You'd put it in a folder and upload the folder, or put the log on a cloud server and link it on a thread giving permissions for anyone with a link.

ROM Raider is free but you need a VAG-Com KKL interface and a windows laptop or notebook. Logs all Subaru engine parameters and will record data. It will also read fault codes, but not from accessory modules or the ABS.

#3 ·
Some scan tools or Bluetooth OBD2 connectors disrupt communication over the ground circuit and this will cause diseuptions while the device is connected. As long as the Air Bag light is on, it's disabled and will not deploy anything.

Blue Driver works great and will also record and save data in csv format. Which works great to upload data logs to this forum when you need extra eyes on the data to decipher it. You'd put it in a folder and upload the folder, or put the log on a cloud server and link it on a thread giving permissions for anyone with a link.

ROM Raider is free but you need a VAG-Com KKL interface and a windows laptop or notebook. Logs all Subaru engine parameters and will record data. It will also read fault codes, but not from accessory modules or the ABS.
That’s good to know. I really do like the BlueDriver app, as it shows a more in depth look at what’s going on, I was just worried about it triggering the airbag code like that.

Reactions: cardoc
#5 ·
I think what's concerning to me is, that I haven't heard back from them.
I started the ticket Thursday, so unless there's some odd holiday in Canada, I can't understand why it's taking so long to hear back.
It'll be interesting to hear their answer, when they finally do get back to me...

#11 ·
I realize this is an old thread, but I have recently encountered this with my 2019 Outback 2.5 Limited with Eye Sight. The first couple of times it happened, I was like "oh boy, what have I done." Fortunately, I have multiple devices (BlueDriver, OBD Link and a Topdon) and each of them do it. I reset the code, turn the car off, pull the OBD dongle, restart the car and there is no airbag light. It is weird because none of the scanners do this in my older 2009 Ford truck. So whoever may be having this issue, don't get too worked up if there was no airbag MIL before the scan but it appears during the scan. Just clear it and make sure wen you disconnect and restart the care, the MIL is gone.

#12 ·
...I have multiple devices (BlueDriver, OBD Link and a Topdon) and each of them do it. I reset the code, turn the car off, pull the OBD dongle, restart the car and there is no airbag light. It is weird because none of the scanners do this in my older 2009 Ford truck. So whoever may be having this issue, don't get too worked up if there was no airbag MIL before the scan but it appears during the scan. Just clear it and make sure wen you disconnect and restart the care, the MIL is gone.
I have an OBDLink LX and have never had this issue but I don't think it's even able to read those codes - guessing you have a different model? I'm curious, do you recall what specific airbag code is coming up? Are you using it with the OBDLink app or something else?

I picked up an Otofix D1 Lite (rebranded Autel) for $299 on cyber Monday and it was able to pull and clear all the various module codes on my 2015 in a minute or so (I had over 50 DTCs, but all "history" codes). Subsequent scans with the same tool haven't found anything new so, AFAIK, it's never triggered a code by itself.